Process Development Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Temporary Process Development Engineer for their site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate or lead in the Development, Process Characterisation and Process Qualification of equipment and processes to support new product introduction.
- Design, develop and progress a process from concept phase into commercialization phase.
- Develop solutions to complex technical problems associated with processes and equipment using problem solving techniques and methodologies.
- Collaborate and partner with PDP functions to define, execute and deliver on NPD requirements.
- Actively participate in new product development teams with specific responsibility for developing robust and capable processes, ensuring R&D and Operations needs and targets are incorporated into the plans and activities. Recommend design modifications and implement process changes early in the design phase as part of this.
- Design and develop new tooling and equipment.
- Deliver process innovation with emphasis on improving quality, reducing process variation, reducing cycle time and cost down initiatives.
- Utilise functional excellence in process development including DRM, MOS, Six Sigma, Lean, Process Characterisation, transfer and scale-up to commercial manufacturing.
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the PDP process.
- Actively participate in best practice continuous improvement initiatives within Process Development.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Min of a Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering or Science related Discipline is required.
- Previous experience working in a comparable role desirable.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the product and process development process and requirements.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrating good organizational, presentation and project management skills. The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with all functions in the organisation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Executes: Takes accountability for and delivers consistent decisions, actions and results.
- Clear Thinking: Translates complexity into simplicity and articulates crisply and clearly. Creates and communicates a clear strategy/plan. Demonstrates good judgment.
- Driven to Win: Passionate and driven with the ability to make tough decisions in difficult situations.
- Boundaryless: Breaks down silos, Collaborates across organizational boundaries, Fosters diverse thinking and integration.
- Compliance & Integrity: Promotes and practices a culture of integrity, ethics, and compliance with laws and policies.
For further information on this Process Development Engineer role in Galway please contact Jenny Mullery on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval