Telephone: 086 3073779
Process Development Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Process Development Engineer for their site.
- The NPI group work with R&D teams to bring their concepts all the way through to volume manufacturing. Closely aligning all stakeholders to achieve the best product, with greater product efficiencies is the ultimate goal of each transfer project. The transfer process is an ideal window in which to achieve these efficiencies by undertaking DFM, process optimization, sustaining engineering, process automation, supply chain optimization and the application of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
- We are looking for an individual who can push the bounds of current capabilities and deliver the next generation of robust products and processes. The role offers diversity, and the opportunity to become a process development expert. Working on Black Belt Six Sigma teams the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape future technologies across the spectrum of less invasive medical devices.
- Lead projects to deliver new products into existing and new product families.
- Manage all stakeholder expectations Customer, Production, operations engineering, operations quality and quality systems through the product / process development process.
- Apply structured problem solving, lean principals, and best practice process development to drive product and process improvements.
- Automation of processes by working with equipment vendors and internal automation team.
- Work closely with SME's in the business to ensure process improvements activities designed to enhance existing manufacturing capability within the company.
- Work closely with Lean and Operations teams to ensure that any new processes developed meet world class manufacturing standards.
- Manage a variable workload and multiple projects to deliver to customer expectations and drive future revenue.
- Design and introduce manufacturing processes for new products to increase capabilities and efficiencies delivering a competitive edge to the company and their customers.
- Ensure that complete and effective validations are carried out on all processes before transferring to manufacture.
- Manage external relationships with Technology providers / Suppliers.
- Work in compliance to the company systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- Experience working in high volume automated assembly would be a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of process development, six sigma and/or lean engineering principles would be very desirable.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and Implement decisions.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval