Process Development Engineer Contract
Job ID: JOB-11805
Process Development Engineer Contract
Our client, a leading medical device company located in Galway is recruiting for a contracting role. This PD Engineer role is commutable from Clare and Mayo. You will work closely with R&D and Manufacturing in the development of robust, capable, cost effective & safe manufacturing processes and products. And develop equipment, materials and products and supports efficient and effective transfer of new products & processes into commercial production.
- Demonstrates strong technical expertise on process/product technologies to support selection, design, optimisation, validation and troubleshooting of, and can mentor engineers and technicians in problem resolution on, those technologies.
- Liaises with Equipment Engineering or external equipment/tooling or material vendors in the selection, design & development of new (or upgrades to existing) equipment, tooling and materials.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of DFSS/DMAIC tools and applies these tools in the characterization, optimization and troubleshooting of process equipment and technology performance.
- Leads the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterisation, optimization and troubleshooting of key processes and equipment.
- Co-ordinates the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials including installation, calibration, EHS assessment debug, and all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instructions.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and application of Lean methodologies, and process improvement tools in identification and elimination of “waste” process steps and development of efficient, cost effective equipment and processes.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and application of Process and equipment validation techniques, PFMEA’s, and associated regulatory requirements and applies this knowledge in the efficient & timely validation of equipment and processes.
- Completes or leads the writing and release of process validation documentation including FMEA’s, Validation Plans, protocols and reports.
- Co-ordinates execution and documentation of validation builds, co-ordinates testing of validation units and the compilation, analysis and reporting of the validation results.
- Demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understands and complies with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
The candidate must:
- Be a developing professional. Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices. General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General understanding of business unit/group function. Exercises judgment when interpreting company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment to determine appropriate action. Has knowledge of alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the business or technological environment.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Works under general direction regarding the progress of projects and special assignments. May seek guidance in resolving problems, interpreting established policies, procedures and practices. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment.
- Cultivates a wide range of internal business relationships and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May lead a project team of small to moderate scope. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Contributes to the completion of departmental projects and goals. Errors in judgment, poor recommendations, or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Engages with internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects. Uses diplomacy and tact in interactions and problem solving. Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
For further information on this contract PD Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…