Process Development Engineer Cork
We currently have an exciting role with one of our Multinational Clients in Cork. This is a medical device company who are looking to recruit a Process Development Engineer for their site. This Process Development Job will be in the new and exciting area of 3D printing and will bring excellent experience and exciting challenges.
- This Process Development job will provide engineering and material solutions to unmet clinical and business needs using 3D printing.
- Work closely with other team members to identify and overcome technical challenges related to 3D printing that hinder the full business growth potential.
- Possess a thorough understanding of engineering design principles and material processing skills and apply this understanding towards solving practical problems.
- Basic project management skills are also utilized in implementing a complete battery of tests necessary to support the proof of concept, operations process validation and regulatory submission.
- This Process Development job will support the development and introduction of new medical products. Work extensively with Product Development, Quality and Operations to take a product from design concept through production ramp up.
- Participate in multifunctional teams, led by a Project Manager and be responsible for 3D printing process development defined project deliverables
- Operate within the 'New Product Development Process' and 'New Technology Development Process', to build and develop robust manufacturing / 3D printing processes through involvement in 'Design for Manufacturability' and 'Lean Manufacturing' initiatives
- Participates in the development and validation activities on all manufacturing processes for new product launches, liaising with Advanced Technology (R&D), Product Development, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, Advanced Operations, Supply Chain, and others as necessary.
- Make recommendations for Capital Expenditure Requisitions for new process equipment.
- Procurement, contract negotiation/agreement, installation, validation of new manufacturing equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Ensure the efficient and timely transfer of process knowledge from project personnel to manufacturing engineers and coordinate the training of production team members on new processes and equipment. Ensure all appropriate documentation is in place prior to production start.
- Will assist subcontractors in resolving manufacturing and quality issues in relation to:
- Problem solving and resolution on relevant issues
- Process validation
- Will develop for new products and processes relevant:
- Manufacturing Assembly Procedures
- Equipment procurement and validation
- Fixture documentation and validation
- Process Validation and documentation
- Routings creation and maintenance
- Will provide customer service and team development with regard to achieving team goals, supporting metrics and setting and achieving training plans.
Qualification, Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline. Master's degree or PhD in mechanical/materials engineering preferred
- 1-3 Years related Engineering experience in an NPI or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of manufacturing processes, e.g. casting, forging, coating, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with a parametric CAD design package, with a strong preference for ProE. Should be capable of developing 2D drawings, manipulating 3D product models and modelling moderately complex fixtures and gages.
- Experience with Material testing and characterization for metals or polymers highly desired.
- Decision Maker
- Excellent analytical skills, Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated mechanical and/or materials knowledge & problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems beneficial.
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and process capability.
- Working knowledge of Minitab.
For further information on this Process Development Engineer job in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Check out all our open jobs on our website - www.hero.ie