- Demonstrates a good technical expertise on process technologies to support design, optimisation, validation and troubleshooting of those technologies.
- Under supervisory direction, provides input to Equipment engineering or external equipment/tooling or material vendors in the selection, design & development of new (or upgrades to existing) equipment, tooling and materials.
- Supports the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterisation, optimization and troubleshooting of processes and equipment and summarises, analyses and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Support the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials including installation, calibration, EHS assessment debug, and all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instructions.
- Support all continuous improvement activity – application of Six Sigma & Lean methodologies to assist in the characterization, optimization, troubleshoooting and development of efficient, cost effective equipment and processes.
- Under supervision, supports execution and documentation of validation builds, co-ordinates testing of validation units and compiles, analyses and reports on the validation results.
- With mentor assistance ensures compliance with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Travel to other sites / vendors as part of Technology development & transfer activities.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
Solid knowledge of the job. Applies broad knowledge of general technical concepts and practices and a general understanding of product or systems fundamentals.
Performs routine and some non-routine technical assignments using standard methods and sequences. Performs set-up, testing, repair, inspection, and/or maintenance of all area-specific equipment, materials, systems, and/or product. Assignments require limited judgment in troubleshooting proven processes.
Close to moderate supervision. Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Consequence of Errors
Errors may be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction.
Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Honours Degree - HETAC Level with 2 – 5 years industry experience.
- Strong technical experience preferably in the health care industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
For further information on this Process Development Technician II role in Galway please contract Tommy McKeown email@example.com or
Telephone: 086 0100903
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.