Telephone: 086 3073779
CNC Process Engineer 12 month FTC
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an CNC Process Engineer for their site.
Job Summary of the CNC Process Engineer:
- The successful candidate will work as a member of a team with responsibility for the introduction of products into company facility.
- The initial 12 month contract will involve the setting up of machining processes on CNC mill's and lathes.
- Working closely with the CNC programmers, the candidate will ensure that the processes are set-up in accordance with the governing quality system policies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of the CNC Process Engineer:
- Assist with the development of machining and finishing strategies.
- Develop manufacturing instructions/operating procedures
- Execute necessary FAI's (first article inspections)
- Perform process capability studies
- Development of inspection plans
- Develop PFMEA's
- Generate validation documentation
- Execution validations
- Work with local manufacturing and planning to ensure that all activities are captured within the local planning process
- Development of capacity plans, understand constraints, develop capital plans where appropriate
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
Education / Experience Requirements for the CNC Process Engineer:
- Degree in Engineering or Science discipline, preferably Mechanical or Materials
- Previous experience in manufacture of medical devices, ideally within orthopedic joint replacement products would be a distinct advantage
- The selected candidate will need to demonstrate a hands on approach to task execution within the project. In addition, the following skills will be considered advantageous:
- CNC machining experience
- CNC programming
- CMM programming
- Experience in manufacturing processes such as machining, 3d Printing, polishing, cleaning, packaging
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
For further information on this CNC Process Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval