Contact: Niamh Hlubek
Telephone: 086 8168298
Process Engineer - Contract
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Process Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
As a key member of the Chemical Production Engineering Department work closely with operations and quality personnel to gain a full understanding of the portfolio of the products and manufacturing equipment and to optimize both to ensure reliable supply from the site.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in cross functional teams. Drives continuous improvement initiatives across the plant in areas of Quality, Safety, Cost and People.
- Development of solutions to particular production related problems from general operations to control systems, engineering restrictions, environmental issues, incorrect design and development of particular requirements.
- Lead / Support trouble-shooting activities and provide sustainable solutions for root cause processing problems.
- Effectively use the site business processes to support production e.g. change control, deviations, 6 sigma method investigations, etc.
- Support New Process Introduction to existing facilities.
- Actively look for new technologies to improve processes in line with business requirements.
- Designs experiments and capability studies for existing process trains with the aim of improving efficiencies.
- Provide technical support for Capital engineering projects.
- Lead/participate in rigorous technical risk assessments for plant changes/product introduction. Provides support to the incident investigation for the EHS function.
- Executes process development/transfer activities utilizing DOE and other statistical processing engineering methodologies including resulting in sound scientific reports.
- Provide training to the Operations team personnel as necessary.
- With the site engineering function generates capital equipment appropriations required for new process equipment implementation.
- Ensure all engineering changes made have safety and quality considerations as core attributes.
- Ensures comprehensive follow up and corrective/ preventive actions are in place for Quality and Safety deviations.
- Participation in internal and regulatory audits.
- Initiates and documents change controls as appropriate.
- Participation in company based and international cross functional teams.
Third level engineering qualification with 2 years’ experience in the Chemical / Pharmaceutical sector.
For further information on this Process Engineer role in Cork please contact Niamh Hlubek 086 8168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval