Telephone: 021 2066287
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Process Engineer for their site, on a contract basis
The role is to provide engineering support for manufacturing operations based within the value streams. The role requires technical ownership to be taken for a number of process steps and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost.
The role will also require a focus on process stability which will involve managing CAPA and CIP projects. As process owner the role will involve collaborating with a number of functional groups delivering projects in the value stream such as NPI and Manufacturing Engineering as well as with suppliers and other sister sites running similar processes.
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
- Elimination of safety and quality risks in the process through the delivery of robust engineering solutions.
- Manage costs through the delivery of scrap, reprocessing and consumable projects.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and outside vendors.
- Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
- Preparation of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Actively promote a safety culture.
- Manage contractors / vendors working on site to ensure full compliance with site safety requirements.
- Ensure production equipment meets all relevant national and J&J Health, Safety and Environment requirements through completion of required assessments and documentation.
- Competent in validation requirements for new consumables / materials and process changes.
- Updates and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for process steps.
- Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Audit Actions, NCR's, CAPA's.
- Ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and the timely closure of actions.
- Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Manage the consumables budget for the assigned value stream identifying opportunities for cost reduction and managing the delivery of savings.
- Lead scrap reduction within the value stream through a structured approach to data capture, analysis and problem solving.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the department's continuous improvement program.
- Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
- Actively interface with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating and project requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Engineering team.
- Work with Team Lead and/or Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
Key Competencies Required
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good Problem Solving skills.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm for delivering to commitments.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills with an attention for detail.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and cost-effective engineering solutions.
- Experience in 5 axis CNC machining including Siemens Unigraphics NX CAM programming.
- Foundry experience ideally in Investment Casting.
- Experience with Cleanlines or Packaging.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Certification in Six Sigma or Statistical Engineering.
For further information on this Process Engineer role in Cork please contact Anne Gough on 086 0449473 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval