Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Project Process Engineer - Controls for their site.
The engineer will be based in Mayo. The position will liaise with Global Engineering(GE), New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Quality Assurance(QA) & Supply Chain(SCM) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities.
This person will work on introducing specific technologies associated with the expansion of manufacturing capacity, initially in a project capacity. It is envisaged that this role will then transition into a process support role within the relevant Value Stream business unit, coordinating the introduction of ongoing process improvements, technology changes and cost reduction opportunities.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a developing professional to gain further project experience within a highly automated and high volume regulated/medical device production process
- New Process Implementation: Responsible for timely implementation of new manufacturing processes in the designated Value Stream area. Projects will include Capacity, New Products, and Cost Reduction, and will involve highly automated production equipment. Position will provide leadership of cross functional team to deliver on same objectives. Scope would include: User Requirements (URS), Functional Design Specifications (FDS), Capital Approval, conducting Design reviews (FMEA tools).
- Electrical/ Controls Design: Responsible for specification & design of Electrical & Controls systems for automated manufacturing equipment.
- Project Planning & Tracking: Position will be responsible for developing, tracking & communicating project plans for all control tasks.
- Equipment Qualification – support qualification of new production equipment / processes, and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- Safety/ Risk Assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance of control hardware/software, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments
- PLC machine control & Operator Interface
- Electrical controls – maintenance & design
- 2D/3D CAD skills – elect drafting/ panel design
- 3 to 5 years post qualification experience in batch type process, preferably in the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical industry.
- Commissioning & Debug of highly automated equipment
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Electrical / Electronic / Controls / Programming desirable
- Project Management / FMEA
- Vision Systems, Servo Systems
- Industrial Networks (Profibus etc)
- Experience in clean-room manufacturing
- New Product Introduction
- Over 2 years Project Engineering experience.
- Process background desirable with healthcare, chemical or plastics experience; or alternatively within another regulated industry.
For further information on this Controls Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval