Telephone: 091730022 / 0864667369
Process Manufacturing Engineer job in Galway
Our client a medical device company based in Galway has a Manufacturing Process Engineer job for their site. This is an exciting new role is within the Design Services department. The role involves;
Process development experience, practical experience in lean tools, process validation and line support. The Engineer will involve working closely with project leaders and the manufacturing teams to ensure new products are successfully transferred to volume production.
Job Responsibilities of the Process Engineer:
- Working as part of the Design Services/Device Manufacturing groups, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Developing manufacturing processes from prototyping to full scale production.
- The manufacture and testing of prototypes.
- The implementation of best practice Design for Manufacturing Principals
- Applying new technologies and methodologies to optimise process design & performance.
- Design/Source Equipment and Tooling required to meet both the capability & capacity requirements
- Implement lean manufacturing initiatives such as cell layout design based on detailed Takt time analysis, identify and eliminate sources of waste activity, implement Kanban Systems and 5S Principles
- Setting up of the manufacturing equipment/production lines with clearly defined metrics and trained personnel
- Dealing with external customers on technical and quality items.
- Managing the successful transfer of new products through the DS project process to volume manufacturing.
- Development, resourcing and execution of project plans for the transfer of products to volume manufacturing.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement projects that improve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Present updates to management and customers regarding cell performance and continuous improvement status
- Resolve quality and technical issues such that impact on product supply to customers is minimized
- Generation of Project Documentation – pFMEAs, Process Validation Protocols & Reports, Manufacturing Procedures, BOMS, Routers, etc
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- 2+yrs industry experience with manufacturing process design and optimisation in controlled manufacturing and/or process development environment. Medical Device experience preferable.
- Experience of managing product transfers from the R&D into the production/commercial environment a distinct advantage
- Validation background including IQ/OQ/PQ/PPQ.
- Experience in using Six Sigma methodology for process improvement (e.g. DMAIC) and problem solving (e.g. 6-step approach) in a production environment
- Experienced in statistical analysis and use of Minitab
- It is essential that the candidate will be highly innovative, motivated and organised and have excellent planning and communication skills
For further information on this Manufacturing Process Engineer job in Galway or other Engineer jobs in the Galway area please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval