Telephone: 086 0449473
Process Safety Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Process Safety Engineer for their site.
Activities within Role:
- Chair and document process and equipment Hazop assessments and other process safety related risk assessments for new and upgrades to existing processes.
- Ensure the site HAZOP register is upto date and schedule periodic review Hazops as per site schedule.
- To propose, develop and implement improvements and modifications from a process safety perspective to process areas and equipment in order to improve operations.
- Trouble shoot related process safety issues.
- Review and approval of process safety related documentation, including process Hazops and other related safety and engineering assessments,
- Provide relevant training to colleagues, where required.
- Perform process safety calculations for sizing of explosion relief devices.
- Support Process Safety investigations throughout the site.
- Conduct safety audits and continuously improve the Site safety management systems
- Oversee introduction of new products to the site from a process safety perspective.
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements.
- Review Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) for new Raw Material (RM) and RM extensions requests. (based on the content of the SDS, regulatory considerations, and other EHS issues related to the safe use, handling, and storage of the material)
- Participate and/or Lead PSM audits and internal Process Safety Gap Assessments.
- Understand the function of safety devices on machinery and direct the installation of controls based on these devices.
- Review Corporate EHS Policies, Procedures, and Programs, provide technical expertise review and recommend improvements where necessary and apply knowledge of internal policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Provide mentoring and training for site personnel.
- Perform other activities as assigned.
- Use Lean principles to deliver a cost efficient operating model for commercial production while not compromising EHS and Quality standards.
- Coaching others by sharing your skill-set and expertise.
- 5+ Years working in a regulated environment in a similar role.
- Bachelor of Engineering in a related discipline.
- Process Safety Certification.
- Ability to work on own initiative to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to muti-task and work to tight deadlines.
For further information on this Process Safety Engineer role in Cork please contact Anne Gough on 086 0449473 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval