Our client, a medical device company in County Galway are currently looking to recruit a Trans-Polarizing Line Technician for their site, on a contract basis
A dynamic and flexible individual required to support an operational area to ensure maximum throughput and yield, customer satisfaction and communication. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will ensure the appropriate course of action is taken once any issues affecting the quality of product being produced are identified. You will ensure the cleanliness of production / coating equipment and the housekeeping of any associated workspace is maintained to the highest standard at all times.
This position will be placed on first shift though shift flexibility is required for this role.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Monitor and control production process to ensure product is manufactured within specification.
- Administer all line set up and product changeovers and perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Accurately update internal production reporting system so that a true reflection of line performance is captured daily.
- Assist investigations of quality problems and ensure that products are manufactured in compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Make required adjustments to equipment and ensure efficiency of line by managing all issues and minimizing downtime.
- Maintain and update OCAP system to ensure corrective actions are captured.
- Monitor production area and ensure compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Support root cause analysis within scope of the role and technical expertise.
- Assist to clean up work area and guide all employees in operating line equipment according to company procedures.
- Perform process maintenance on equipment and maintain records for same.
- Participate in pre-shift meetings and obtain required information to support discussions.
- Ensure that communications are clear, effective and concise and act in a non-confrontational manner.
- Report any quality related concerns to your immediate supervisor and/or quality.
- Support R&D activities as required.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Qualified in a mechanical or process related discipline to diploma level.
- Minimum 3 years' experience on a high volume production line working in a technical role.
- Qualified in lean Manufacturing or six sigma (Desirable but not essential).
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Willing to work different shifts as needed and provide additional cover by working extra hours across shifts as needed.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Experience of working within a pressurised environment with stretching targets.
- Experience of identifying and delivering Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Awareness of quality, current Good Manufacturing Practice and working with Standard Operating Procedures and Change Controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including those with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Proven ability to problem solve, report information/findings, develop recommendations, and implement process changes as needed
- Can demonstrate strong team working and team building abilities.
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group's sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group's sustainability goals and mission
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of his/her duties
For further information on this Process Technician role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval