Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Process Technician for their site.
- This position?s primary function is that of ensuring that manufacturing processes run consistently and meet performance targets, that equipment downtime is kept to a minimum, and the manufacturing business is supported in every way necessary to maximise line availability.
- Actively interface with cross-functional team members and 3rd party Vendors, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Monitoring and management of production yield performance on your assigned lines.
- Liaising with Team Leaders with regard to productivity and efficiency performance issues on your assigned lines.
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
- Engage in mechanical / electrical / electronic troubleshooting, and in resolving hardware /software interfacing problems on the production floor.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Communicating regularly with the Product Builders regarding issues, concerns and watch-outs on the lines.
- Test electrical systems, circuits and wiring in processing equipment and fixtures.
- Planning, layout and installation of processing equipment on work-stations.
- Responsibility for product line performance, primarily maximising productivity of the equipment and minimising yield loss from the process.
- Co-ordination of preventative maintenance and calibration activities on assigned lines, process/es and/or area/s.
- Identifying and assisting the business with the implementation of technical improvements.
- Identification of process equipment spares requirements, plus sourcing and replenishment of all such spares from stock in accordance with company policies
- Performing equipment qualification and projects work, as assigned.
- Design, specification, fabrication, testing and documentation of process equipment changes and improvements.
- Adherence to and enforcement of all Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements on sites, plus communication of any concerns regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager
- Building of Quality into all aspects of one?s work by maintaining compliance with all site and corporate Quality Management System requirements
- All other duties as assigned
Experience / Qualifications
- NCEA Certificate / Diploma in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing / Mechatronics Engineering and / or Senior Trades.
- A good knowledge of electronics and software control systems.
- 5 + years? experience in a modern manufacturing environment with previous experience in some or all of the following:
- Low / medium voltage electrical power systems
- Injection moulding
- Proven experience in implementing process improvements including building / implementing computer aided tooling and fixture design.
- An ability to work autonomously, with minimum supervision.
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the medical device industry is an advantage.
For further information on this Process Technician role in Cork please contact Aoife O?Reilly on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval