Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Carlow are currently looking to recruit a Procurement Lead for their site.
Budget responsibility is approx. 70 million, majority of that is indirect spend currently however the site is in serious growth phase and starting to manufacture commercially for the first time so the direct spend will increase exponentially.
- Site Lead will have responsibility for direct materials, mainly packaging, glass and some chemicals.
- Act as the key link between stakeholders and the Category leads within Global Procurement. Provide leadership and direction for specific site procurement activities including the support of business unit operating and strategic plans. Represent category managers locally, understand supply strategies and agreements and describing the benefits of these agreements to the site. Ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with the requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers.
- People Management: Selection, development, coaching and day to day management of direct reports.
- Sourcing: Support and provide information for input into "above site" spend categories. Understand the supplier/site strategy developed by the various Category Leads and execute action plans as appropriate. Work with the Category Leads to ensure site spend is managed in line with the agreed sourcing strategy.
- Develop sourcing strategies for site managed categories and projects using the SMP process. Create source plans for local categories based on supply, supply
- market analysis and cost models driven by AQSCI.
- Assist in analysing spend and evaluate potential savings opportunities. Prepare, implement and audit compliance to contracts.
- Identify and document all cost reduction and profit plan improvements.
- Gain understanding of product categories, business practices, and issues in order to provide support to stakeholders.
- Supplier Management: Work with our Supplier Development and Performance Management (SD&PM) teams to support resolution of significant supply issues regarding supplier delivery and assurance of supply.
- Monitor, report, manage and seek to continuously improve supplier performance.
- Act as a primary point of contact for supplier interactions and assists in supplier's performance assessments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of supplier's organization, product lines, contractual agreements and terms.
- Make recommendations on how to improve the existing environment.
- Compliance: Drive compliance with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Drive effective writing/revising/ rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various procurement systems; ensure all work is subsequently carried out in line with same.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
For further information on this Procurement Leadr role in Carlow please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / Jenny@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval