This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Procurement function. This is a vital role and will be reporting to the MD of the company. This will require high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to the customers.
- BS or BA - Degree in Business, Engineering, Science or Operations related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. MBA/MSc desirable.
- Professional certifications (e.g. CIPS, IIPMM) desirable.
- Ideally indirect sourcing experience within a manufacturing site.
- Minimum of 10 years of multi-disciplined procurement experience some of which containing. Medical device or Pharmaceutical Procurement experience.
- Procurement process knowledge, agreement management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier management, technology utilization, strategic planning, and integrated supply chain experience.
- Working knowledge of cGMP requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office.
- Manage the Procurement function across the company
- Manage the plan, source, make, & deliver function within the company
- Manage cost centres as directed by Senior management Team
- Support all activities to achieve agreed targets and improve Cost of Good Savings initiatives.
- Conduct negotiations with existing and potential new suppliers to achieve pricing consistent with market requirements whilst also maintaining the required quality, level of service and security of supply.
- Selection, development, and implementation of alternate suppliers to ensure security of supply and maintain customer service levels.
- Agree commercial contractual terms for suppliers in line with Company guidelines and policy.
- Review internal procurement strategy and identify areas for improvement and enhance current operating policies, guidelines, or procedures.
- Conduct supplier visits and evaluations to determine suitability.
- Implement or maintain procurement system of specifications, suppliers, goods, and services.
- Recommend or implement changes to the organisations procurement supply management and material usage policies and provide training as required.
- Prepare periodic reports of department activities for senior management and other areas of the organisation.
- Anticipate and prevent potential problems.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments and develop measurements for quality improvement and target setting.
- Develop a preferred supplier list for each category of spend and manage compliance to the preferred supplier list using supplier management methodology
- Review product availability and/or pricing information with suppliers.
- Develop and implement a cost reduction, cost avoidance, cost containment programme.
- Develop personal goals and objectives and contribute to those of the procurement department aligned to organizational goals.
- Establishes strong working relationships with others, building team rapport and creating a cohesive team environment.
- Displays a positive outlook with strong coaching skills, maintaining interest at all times.
- Takes a methodical, systematic, and structured approach to organising work.
- Makes effective and consistent decisions in a timely manner.
- Takes personal responsibility for making a decision and taking action within their own area.
- Escalates issues appropriately.
- Takes action to correct poor performance by being fair and consistent in approach.
- Displays flexibility, willingness to succeed and goes the extra mile.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in executing/implementing procurement projects.
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional teams and an understanding of Manufacturing & Financial principles, the new product development and commercialization process.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.