Telephone: 087 2197421
Procurement Product Manager
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Procurement Product Manager for their site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for plant procurement goals and metrics including Material Productivity, Supplier Rationalization, Supplier Quality, Supplier Control and Supplier On Time Delivery.
- Responsible for coordinating liaising with commodity teams, materials, operations, engineering, finance, quality, and field operations to manage Ingersoll Rand’s Project Driven Gate Process.
- Participate in and represent Procurement function during plant or product Value Analysis/Value Engineering/Qualductivity or Major Model Review (MMR / RIE or Kaizen) events. Responsible for collecting and communicating commodity actions following event.
- Complete projects and achieve expected benefits within the project timeline.
- Assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements.
- Facilitate the sector/plant Qualductivity Gate Reviews ensuring that required cross-functional resources are allocated to execute projects as outlined.
- Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate.
- investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Create and make revisions to project schedules, business cas- es, risk assessments and other project management tools. Create and conduct presentations for project approvals and monthly status.
- Identity gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and support countermeasures and activities to close the gap and ex- ceed targets.
- Manage reporting of Procurement financial metrics (forecast and actual) including productivity and inflation for responsible plants or projects
- Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan for productivity projects, targets and initiatives.
- Support Commodity teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization plans.
- Program manage a portfolio Price Productivity Projects working with stakeholders to achieve business results.
- Work to align strategies between commodity and Sector localization, plant rationalization and similar.
- Coordinate continuous improvement ideation sessions for responsible plants. Generate and evaluate new ideas and opportunities aligned with plant priorities and strategies.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS/ME degree in business or engineering with proven project management experience
- Demonstrable experience working in a diversified industrial company in the areas of Engineering, Project
- Management, Quality, Finance and/or Operations.
- Strong Analytic experience
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools, lean manufacturing a plus.
- Experience in International sourcing experience a plus.
- Experience in supplier development, materials management, and/or supplier quality a plus. Must be a strategic thinker and have
- Demonstrated experience driving strategies
- Microsoft Project Expertise
- Experience running large complex cross functional projects
- Global / Cross regional project management experience
- Oracle experience in a global environment is beneficial
- Ability to travel up to 15%
For further information on this Procurement Product Manager role in Galway please contact Anne Marie on 087 2197421/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.