Telephone: 086 0449371
Procurement Program Manager
Our client, a company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Procurement Program Manager for their site.
What will I be doing
- Project leader responsible for multiple Procurement program and projects, working with cross-functional teams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans for productivity, new product development, and continuous improvement projects.
- Lead all procurement activities in assigned NPD programs to assure readiness for pre-pilot, pilot, and production ramp up. Partner with Commodity teams to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate. Investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Identify gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and support countermeasures and activities to close the gap and exceed targets. Support Commodity teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization, quality and delivery improvement projects. Work to align strategies between commodity and Strategic Business Unit (SBU) localization, plant rationalization and similar.
- Project leader responsible for multiple Procurement projects, working with cross-functional teams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans for productivity and continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for coordinating with commodity teams, materials, operations, engineering, finance, quality, and field operations to complete projects and achieve expected benefits within project timeline.
- Partner with Commodity teams to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements. Active participant in sector/plant productivity gate reviews ensuring that required cross-functional resources are allocated to execute projects as outlined.
- Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Create and make revisions to project schedules, business cases, risk assessments and other project management tools. Create and conduct presentations for project approvals and monthly status.
- Identify gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and support countermeasures and activities to close the gap and exceed targets.
- Manage reporting of Procurement financial metrics (forecast and actual) including productivity and inflation for responsible plants or projects Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan for productivity projects, targets and initiatives. Support standard setting process for responsible plants.
- Support Commodity teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization, quality and delivery improvement projects. Work to align strategies between commodity and Sector localization, plant rationalization and similar.
- Coordinate continuous improvement ideation sessions for responsible plants. Generate and evaluate new ideas and opportunities aligned with plant priorities and strategies.
- Participate in and represent Procurement function during plant or product Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE) or Major Model Review (MMR) events. Responsible for collecting and communicating commodity actions following event.
- Lead all procurement activities related to NPD programs assuring readiness for samples, pre-pilot, pilot, and production ramp up builds.
- Proactively work and communicate all shortages to program team and work with commodity teams and suppliers to resolve.
- Issue purchase orders for sample, pilot, and production ramp up materials for assigned commodities.
- Assure all documents (purchase orders, shortage reports, and PPAP information) are loaded in project SharePoint sites.
- Assure correct suppliers are selected for new business by working with commodity managers and following commodity strategies.
- Communicate changes in supply base spend and new products to commodity teams to assure optimum leverage as early as possible in the process.
- Assure suppliers have sufficient installed capacity to support production ramp up quantities and can sustain these capacities.
What do I need
- BA/BS/ME degree in business or engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience.
- 5 to 10 years' experience in procurement
- A minimum of 6 years of experience working in a diversified industrial company/organization in the areas of Procurement, New Product Development, Engineering, Project Management, Quality, Finance and/or Operations.
- Strong Analytic experience
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools, lean manufacturing a plus.
- Experience in International sourcing experience a plus.
- Experience in supplier development, materials management, and/or supplier quality a plus.
- Must be a strategic thinker and have demonstrated experience driving strategies
- Microsoft Project Expertise or similar systems a plus
- Experience running large complex cross functional projects
- Global project management experience a plus
- Oracle experience in a global environment is beneficial
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Supply Chain Acumen - Oversees development and execution of GSC strategies/playbooks for assigned components or services, drives utilization of common GSC tools to achieve optimal IR results that are Quality, Delivery, Price and Service balanced and corporate/governmental compliant.
- Project Management - Reviews and approves teams' project plans, oversees project execution, balances projects between short and long-term focus, secures alignment with cross-functional partners.
- Global Business Thinking/Strategizing-Demonstrates deep global knowledge of suppliers, industry trends, emerging markets and technology, builds this knowledge into GSC strategies/playbooks, develops global talent.
- Problem Solving-Identifies/anticipates potential problems, supports root cause analysis, evaluates robustness of corrective action plan and oversees plan implementation.
- Relationship Management - Creates collaborative environment with cross-functional partners, assures regular/appropriate two-way communication flow, builds/maintains relationship with industry peers and suppliers, and reinforces GSC lead on "on IR voice" to the supply base.
For further information on this Procurement Program Manager role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval