Telephone: 086 0449371
Procurement Program Manager
Our client, a company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Procurement Program Manager for their site.
What will I be doing
- Project leader responsible for multiple Procurement projects, working with cross-functional teams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans for productivity and continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for coordinating in conjunction with commodity teams, materials, operations, engineering, finance, quality, and field operations to complete projects and achieve expected benefits within the set project timeline.
- Partner with Global and Regional Category Teams to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource deployment. Actively participant in business unit & plant productivity gate reviews ensuring that required cross-functional resources are allocated to execute projects as outlined.
- Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate. Investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Create and make revisions to project schedules, business cases, risk assessments and other project management tools. Create and conduct presentations for project approvals and monthly status.
- Identify gaps to goals, collaboratively develop counter measures to address short comings with a view to meeting or exceeding set targets.
- Manage reporting of Procurement financial metrics (forecast and actual) including productivity & inflation. Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan for productivity projects, targets and initiatives. Support, promote and adhere to Procurement standard work for responsible plants.
- Support Category teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization, quality and delivery improvement projects. Work to align strategies between commodity and Sector localization, plant rationalization and similar.
- Coordinate continuous improvement ideation sessions for responsible plants. Generate and evaluate new ideas and opportunities aligned with plant priorities and strategies.
- Participate in and represent Procurement function during plant or product Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE) or Major Model Review (MMR) Events. Responsible for collecting and communicating commodity actions following event.
- BA/BS/ME degree in business or engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of Project Mgt experience.
- Overall 5-8 year's experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a diversified industrial company in the areas of Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, and/or Operations.
- International sourcing experience as well as experience in leading large complex cross functional projects.
- Experience in Supplier Quality Development and/or Materials Management.
- Strong Analytical Skills along with Microsoft Project Expertise.
- Proven track record of developing and deploying Plant / EMEA Procurement strategies.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Supply Chain Acumen - Oversees development and execution of GSC strategies/playbooks for assigned components or services, drives utilization of common GSC tools to achieve optimal IR results that are Quality, Delivery, Price and Service balanced and corporate/governmental compliant.
- Project Management - Reviews and approves teams' project plans, oversees project execution, balances projects between short and long-term focus, secures alignment with cross-functional partners.
- Global Business Thinking/Strategizing-Demonstrates deep global knowledge of suppliers, industry trends, emerging markets and technology, builds this knowledge into GSC strategies/playbooks, develops global talent.
- Problem Solving-Identifies/anticipates potential problems, supports root cause analysis, evaluates robustness of corrective action plan and oversees plan implementation.
- Relationship Management - Creates collaborative environment with cross-functional partners, assures regular/appropriate two-way communication flow, builds/maintains relationship with industry peers and suppliers, and reinforces GSC lead on "on IR voice" to the supply base.
For further information on this Procurement Program Manager role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval