Telephone: 021 2066287
Who are the client
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Carlow is currently looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist for their site.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for participating in Site Sourcing strategies and local program implementation. Assist in evaluating potential suppliers on site specific issues. Become familiar with the various suppliers and product lines available in stakeholder areas. Assist in analysing customer's business and evaluates potential savings through supplier consolidation. Create and execute e-RFX.
What will I be doing
- Lead or participates in negotiation with vendor on Price / Lead Time / MOQ / EOQ.
- Conduct RFPs, RFQs / E-RFX's and quotation analysis as well as negotiations as required.
- Identify Pipeline opportunities and document all cost reduction and profit plan improvements.
- Conduct data analysis at the local level on suppliers, supply market, cost and price of goods and services that are supplied to the company using available data.
- Implement regional, international and global sourcing initiatives locally.
- Represent supply sector locally, understanding supply strategies and agreements.
- Participate or Lead Cross functional teams SCM / Manufacturing / Tech Eng focused on improvements in Assurance of Supply, Quality, Service Level, Cost and Innovation (AQSCI).
- Act as an escalation point to resolve issues regarding supplier delivery.
- In conjunction with key stakeholders at site, manage, monitors, report and seek to continuously improve supplier performance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of supplier's organization, product lines, contractual agreements and transportation terms.
- Assist Procurement Lead in analysing departmental spends with suppliers and recommends consolidation or redirection to preferred suppliers.
- Conduct periodic supplier surveys/evaluations and provides feedback to Site Procurement lead.
- Keep abreast of best in class procurement practices in order to facilitate effective and practical solutions to stakeholder requests, concerns, and inquiries.
- Assist in providing feedback to the Procurement leads regarding the integration of preferred supplier alliances including the effectiveness of the stakeholder/supplier interface, problem resolution and optimization. Make recommendations on how to improve the existing systems and practices.
- Participate on category teams providing technical support. Link market knowledge and site requirements.
- Stakeholder engagement, alignment on project delivery and budget buy in.
- Support Site with source / supply of materials to support volume ramp up.
- Support Procurement in audits.
- Creation of NDA's / CDA's / SLA's / Contracts.
What do I need
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years experience in a similar role
- IIPMM qualification or equivalent desirable
- Intermediate proficiency on Excel essential (pivots, charts etc).
- SAP/ERP experience essential
- PPV experience essential
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
For further information on this Procurement Specialist role in Carlow please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / 0860449371 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval