Telephone: 021 2066287
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist for their site.
- Support all activities to achieve agreed targets and improve Cost of Good Savings initiatives. Effective negotiations with existing and potential new suppliers to achieve pricing consistent with market requirements whilst also maintaining the required quality, level of service and security of supply.
- Selection, development and implementation of alternate suppliers to ensure security of supply and maintain customer service levels.
- Agree commercial contractual terms for suppliers in line with Company guidelines and policy.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Demand Side Role:
Key Stakeholder Management/Business Partner Management:
- Form a partnership with the Business Partners on-site sharing the ownership and accountability for agreed upon deliverables.
- Drive the site team to develop an accepted vision for how this category of spend will be managed in the future and develop a Category Plan to achieve this vision
- Drive the team to meet deliverables as agreed upon during Category Plan development utilizing the company's standard approach and tools
- Work issues, develop resolutions, and manage corrective actions
- Develop a preferred supplier list for each category of spend and manage compliance to the preferred supplier list using Supplier Management methodology
- Performance Tracking and Reporting:
- Ensure mandatory program Category Team KPI's are built and reported.
- Ensure metrics are properly approved and reported regularly
- Validate any promised compliance reports are built and reported on time (as appropriate)
- Establish site specific procurement plans in line with category strategies and make decisions necessary to purchase goods and services in congruence with organizational objectives and sourcing strategies.
- Develop and review specifications, statements of work, performance terms, and/or acceptance criteria.
- Locate and select potential sources of materials and/or services.
- Solicit competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
- Evaluate competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for goods or services.
- Negotiate contracts and purchase orders and obtain legal review and approval when required.
- Resolve complex contract and purchase order differences with suppliers.
- Resolve complex payment problems with supplier and user departments.
- Review and revise procurement practices to ensure their conformance with established laws.
- Manage files of agreements, equipment records and/or specifications.
- Develop, evaluate or manage internal and external relationships with suppliers, cross-functional and/or multi-functional teams with regard to the following:
- Conduct supplier visits and evaluations to determine suitability.
- Measure supplier performance using rating systems or predetermined standards.
- Prepare for and develop strategies and tactics for negotiations.
- Conduct negotiations with potential or current suppliers to obtain maximum value.
- Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments and develop measurements for quality improvement and target setting.
- Recommend or implement changes to the organization's procurement, supply management and material usage policies and provide training as needed.
- Utilize techniques such as supplier partnerships, strategic alliances, supply chain management and supplier training programs.
- Review product availability and/or pricing information with suppliers.
- Implement or maintain a computerised procurement system of specifications, suppliers, goods/services, a computerised inventory and/or capital equipment tracking system.
- Conduct decisions to "make, buy or lease" privatise or outsource goods or services.
- Forecasting & Strategies:
- Develop & implement a local process improvement program.
- Develop a cost reduction, cost avoidance, cost containment program.
- Coordinate the introduction of new and modified goods and services with appropriate departments.
- Develop and maintain market awareness through merchandise shows, trade periodicals and other resources to secure new products and pricing information.
- Provide data on current and future market conditions to management, sales management and/or user departments.
- Develop personal goals and objectives and contribute to those of the procurement department aligned to organizational goals.
- Plan, develop or provide operating policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Prepare periodic reports of department activities for senior management and other areas of the organization.
- BS or BA - Degree in Business, Engineering, Science or Operations related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Professional certifications (e.g. CIPS, IIPMM).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of multi-disciplined procurement experience some of which containing Medical device or Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional teams and an understanding of Manufacturing & Financial principles, the new product development and commercialization process.
- Demonstrated skills in executing/implementing procurement projects.
- Internal customer relationship management
- Procurement process knowledge, agreement management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier management, technology utilization, strategic planning and integrated supply chain experience
- Working knowledge of cGMP requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to interface & influence effectively at all levels of the organization and work effectively in a complex regulatory environment. Creates and maintains strong working relationships within the company group and externally with suppliers.
- Self-motivated with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Effective, articulate and concise communication - written, verbal and presentation skills
For further information on this Procurement Specialist role in Galway please contact Ros Lomasney on 021 2066287 / Ros@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval