Telephone: 086 0449371
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist for their site.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Working with the drug/device Development and Commercial teams to identify prospective strategic supply partners.
- Timely execution of an established strategic sourcing process for all Program project activities.
- Negotiating best short, medium and long term contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure that Project objectives can be met.
- Drafting and negotiating supply contracts to ensure expectations can be fully realised.
- Ensuring that key supply partners can fulfil supply, quality, cost, risk and compliance requirements for a 7 – 10-year outlook.
- Liaising with commercial to agree current and future volume needs inclusive of established forecast and accuracy requirements.
- Management of component supply with due regard to end of life and qualification of alternatives.
- Implementing and managing appropriate measures and strategies for supply chain risk minimisation, enterprise risk management and disaster recovery.
- Maintaining compliance with import/customs duties and regulatory declarations.
- Driving and delivering on set KPI targets.
- Performing other tasks as required by the Head of Function.
- Outstanding people management, influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled approach to execution of the negotiation process using best in class process.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Familiar with commercial contract law.
- Strong and effective communication with management and stakeholder groups.
- Initiates and cultivates open, honest and beneficial relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- Takes initiative and resolves differences of opinion constructively in a respectful fashion.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Excellent concise communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in M/S office key packages.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of Primary degree in a relevant discipline and ideally a post graduate qualification in a complementary area.
- Minimum of a 7 – 10 years’ experience in sourcing /contract negotiation with minimum of 4 years in a Medical/Pharma regulated environment.
For further information on this Procurement Specialist role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.