Stakeholder Engagement is a key part of this role. The Procurement Lead will be required to closely partner with a wide range of internal stakeholders in the establishment, communication and implementation of business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or Procurement related area (preferred in chemistry, biochemistry or chemical engineering)
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Procurement category knowledge with experience in a biologics product manufacturing environment.
- Proven track records in project management and biologics operations scale-up experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience working with senior/executive leaders.
- Ambitious, dynamic individual with proven capabilities to coordinate, prioritise and manage multiple projects.
- Experienced with change initiatives and strategy execution in large-scale organisations.
- Ability to work with all levels of business customers in a highly dynamic environment.
A dynamic, experienced individual, the Procurement lead will have excellent communication & Interpersonal skills and will need to lead with initiative and ambition. Accountable for the development and implementation of a robust process which establishes the prioritisation, tracking and reporting of all initiatives supported and progressed by the Procurement organisation, the Procurement Lead will provide leadership & direction for the function at site, building a high-performance engagement model with the business, region, and other Global Biologics and Sterile Operations sites. The Procurement Lead will utilise/drive sourcing management as a structured process including obtaining sponsorship and creating/leading cross-functional teams. He/she will ensure appropriate sourcing rigour and compliance to Source Recommendation Committee (SRC), category strategy development, Supplier Performance Management process, and other supply management processes is key.
Our Sourcing team partner with the business to ensure efficient acquisition of goods and services that enables the commercialization of our medicines, vaccines and Animal Health products. We collaborate internationally and are grouped into center-led categories and regional operating teams.
- Create breakthrough strategies which deliver quick-wins and generate legitimate business value. Drive innovation.
- Ensure that every supplier relationship is established with the intent of future continuous improvement, and lead and manage the measurement and review process to ensure delivery of expectations.
- Work in a way that positively engages the support of business colleagues using problem-solving, transparency, and proactive communication skills. Build sourcing management pipeline, ensuring stakeholder alignment and compliance to supply management processes.
- Must have keen insight and understanding of business requirements on a 1/3/5-year horizon, and be capable of working with the wider team as well as strategic business partners to drive reliability of supply and cost reductions. Implement Supplier Value Management with the key suppliers to foster innovation, manage supplier performance, establish appropriate governance model, and ensure continuous improvement.
- Development and execution of strategic projects and supporting operating objectives for procurement function across the Site.
- Co-ordinate, prioritise and report progression of strategic and business initiatives for the Procurement organisation, in support of Global Biologics and Sterile Operating (GBSO) Unit's priorities.
- Closely partner with stakeholders, Global Procurement, Supplier Development & Performance Management (SD&PM), GBSO, ExM Operations, and other business functions to prioritise projects and closely tracks/reports progress achieved.
- Actively engage with Biologics/Sterile Manufacturing Site Procurement teams, Procurement COEs (Direct Materials & Indirect), Supplier Development & Performance Management (SD&PM), and functional stakeholders to maintain continual focus on achievement of Global Supplier Management Group/Global Procurement's mission and vision.
This role requires leadership in the following key areas;
- Product Sourcing
- Supply Risk Management
- Strategy Development and Execution
- Supplier Performance Improvement
- Identification & Management of Cost Reduction Initiatives,
- Supplier Diversity Development
- Working Capital Improvement
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong project Management capabilities
- People Management
For further information on this role please contact Fiona Keane on 086 773 8651 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.