Procurement Specialist required for maternity cover contract in medical device company in Galway.
In this role you will support the Purchasing Manager and be responsible for implementing, optimizing and ensuring the delivery of approved category strategies at the site in concert with the Corporation’s overall strategies.
The objective of this position is to coordinate and support the site spends and local suppliers to obtain the maximum value for the money spent measured through the delivery of cost savings.
- You will work with the Purchasing Manager to optimize related areas of spend for procurement activities.
- As part of this team, you will implement short term and long term cost reduction strategies established by management.
- You will develop supplier base to expand business, improve financials, reduce in-house / total costs, improve quality (customer satisfaction), customer relations, and on-time deliveries.
- It will be your responsibility to: recommend strategy – RFP / RFI / RFQ / Pricing Auction, run local tenders aligned with direction from Purchasing Manager and respective Category Manager.
- You will perform and collect due diligence information required for evaluating and approving new suppliers, in line with the Preferred Supplier Networks.
- You will improve supplier service levels by integrating agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Secures financial / saving reports
- You will provide data analysis and administrative support for purchasing projects and supplier management (supplier metrics and research, master data, market basket analysis, pricing analysis, monthly/quarterly reporting of KPI’s, savings reporting).
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of procurement/negotiations experience in indirect purchasing. Experience within the Pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Experience in purchasing preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Strong experience with writing RFQ’s.
- Solid experience conducting vendor negotiations.
For further information on this role please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Procurement Specialist required for maternity cover contract in medical device company in Galway. In this role you will support the…
MDR Vigilance Specialist (Medical Device Complaint Handling & Regulatory Reporting) Our client is a well know Galway multinational with a…
Labelling Specialist Job Summary: The Labelling Specialist will provide subject matter expertise on all aspects of label formation, design and…