Product Design Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12596
Project Design Engineer
Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support strategic needs through new product development activities. The engineer is expected to plan, co-ordinate and execute engineering tasks associated within a stage gated product development process including scoping, concept generation, design and prototyping, product validation and process qualification activities. The engineer will also support commercial activities including costing and market release.
- Liaising with customers regarding technical aspects of the development of specifications for new products as well as supporting the review of customer inquiries for technical merit and feasibility.
- Assist in the development of project plans and proposals: Establish engineering activities involved and associated schedule of work
- Work with a cross-functional group including engineers, manufacturing, sales, purchasing and product management personnel to carry out project requirements in line with new product development processes and systems.
- Support the Company Quality Policy
- Design of new and improved product for manufacturability and performance to customer requirements
- Assist in compliance evaluation and documentation of technical files in regulatory issues.
- Promote opportunities for improvement in product design, cost down, VA-VE, and quality areas.
- Development of technical design documentation from product drawings, schematics, FMEAs, and product specifications.
- Creation of test qualification plans and product verification requirements alongside specification compliance matrices.
- Building, and testing of product prototypes and reporting and documenting of engineering RnD activities.
- Use of company supplied design and operational tools such as CAD and ERP systems.
- Apply metrics to monitor and verify success levels of projects.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers as required.
- International travel to tradeshows, suppliers, and customers for project and technical support.
- Practice good housekeeping
- Follow safety rules
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork focused on Continuous Improvement.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the engineering manager.
Drive and Support a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Ensure your area is properly organised to maintain 5S
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Improve and apply knowledge and skills of products, applications, & manufacturing processes to facilitate learning and growth among self and fellow team members.
Key Result Accountabilities
- Compliance to company procedures and processes.
- Ensure all documentation is accurately completed before submitting
- Co-ordinate with all departments in an effective and professional manner
- Ensure execution of the project schedules.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as set out in contracts.
- Provide rapid response to internal and external customer requests.
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Dedicated worker
- Actively complies with all rules and regulations set down by the company
- Technically innovative with good electromechanical acumen.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering: Electrical/Electronics, Electromechanical, Mechanical.
- 3+ years’ experience in engineered technical product design within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in electromagnetics, mechatronics, electronics, electromechanical or electrohydraulic product development is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in an automotive product design and development environment (IATF 16949) is an advantage
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for working in teams or on an individual basis.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communications skills.
- Proficient in 3D modelling of complex parts in Creo Parametric.
- Use of Software tools where provided and as necessary including but not limited to :
- Creo Parametric 3D modelling
- AutoCAD 2D
- MS Office tools
- Skills in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Ansys / FEM Magnetic Finite Element Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics FEA
- Lean Six Sigma manufacturing principles:
DMF/DFA, design for LSS,
- Knowledgeable in materials selection and manufacturing methods and procedures
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Shannon McCrossan on 0868168273/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13237 Design Assurance Engineer II – Galway We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13236 Vision Scientist – Galway Job Purpose Our client is a market leader in light intelligent…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12568 Senior Quality Engineer- Process Validation (Hybrid) At our Client’s Process Validation Department in Galway, they…