Product Design Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11537
Product Design Engineer
Commutable from Limerick, Clare & Galway
Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support strategic needs through new product development activities. The engineer is expected to plan, co-ordinate and execute engineering tasks associated within a stage gated product development process including scoping, concept generation, design and prototyping, product validation and process qualification activities. The engineer will also support commercial activities including costing and market release.
- Liaising with customers regarding technical aspects of the development of specifications for new products as well as supporting the review of customer inquiries for technical merit and feasibility.
- Assist in the development of project plans and proposals: Establish engineering activities involved and associated schedule of work
- Work with a cross-functional group including engineers, manufacturing, sales, purchasing and product management personnel to carry out project requirements in line with new product development processes and systems.
- Support the Company Quality Policy
- Design of new and improved product for manufacturability and performance to customer requirements
- Assist in compliance evaluation and documentation of technical files in regulatory issues.
- Promote opportunities for improvement in product design, cost down, VA-VE, and quality areas.
- Development of technical design documentation from product drawings, schematics, FMEAs, and product specifications.
- Creation of test qualification plans and product verification requirements alongside specification compliance matrices.
- Building, and testing of product prototypes and reporting and documenting of engineering RnD activities.
- Use of company supplier design and operational tools such as CAD and ERP systems.
- Apply metrics to monitor and verify success levels of projects.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers as required.
- International travel to tradeshows, suppliers, and customers for project and technical support.
- Practice good housekeeping
- Follow safety rules
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork focused on Continuous Improvement.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the engineering manager.
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Dedicated worker
- Actively complies with all rules and regulations
- Technically innovative with good electromechanical acumen.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering: Electrical/Electronics, Electromechanical, Mechanical.
- 5+ years’ experience in electromagnetics/mechatronics/electronics/electromechanical product design and manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for working in teams or on an individual basis.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communications skills.
- Proficient in 3D modelling of complex parts in Creo Parametric.
- Use of Software tools where provided and as necessary including but not limited to :
Creo Parametric 3D modelling
Ansys Finite Element Analysis
MS Office tools
- Development of skills in the following areas:
Lean Six Sigma manufacturing principles:
DMF/DFA, design for LSS,
- Knowledgeable of materials and manufacturing methods and procedures
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11624 Senior Network Operations Engineer Our client, a telecoms company is currently looking to recruit a Senior Network…
Job ID: JOB-11632 Automation & Controls Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company located in Ballina are looking to…
Job ID: JOB-11631 Senior Financial Accountant Our client a large pharmaceutical company is recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant to…