Product Developement Manager
Job ID: JOB-11578
Product Development Manager
Our client a leading MNC is recruiting for a Product Development Manager for their site in Galway. This role will focus on designing, developing, and qualifying the processes used to make new medical devices. Product Development Managers are directly involved in the functional management of process development engineers and technicians that support new product development (NPD) programs. This role is commutable from Mayo and Clare.
- Direct, develop, and coach the NPD Process Development Engineering team consisting of direct reports through effective leadership.
- Lead and support Talent Management within the PD Engineering group by developing the technical capabilities, project management skills and overall skill sets of the team to ensure that on-going and future strategic business needs are met.
- Ensure that PD engineering staff are motivated and engaged through the process of regular coaching and performance acceleration, and that development plans meet individual and group development needs in alignment with the demands of the business.
- Monitor and evaluate actual performance versus plan and determine improvements to drive enhanced performance and department effectiveness.
- Drive functional excellence in process development including process characterization and transfer to commercial manufacturing.
- Drive functional excellence in process technology development that aligns with the future operations strategy for product manufacture.
- Develop and promote DRM AND DFCOS expertise within the PD Engineering group and champion the deployment of these practices.
- Partner with R&D and Network Engineering to align group skills and capabilities with NPD strategies and future process technology needs.
- Ensure that process development group strategies and objectives support key Operations strategies, such as MOS, Cost down etc.
Key Skills & Experience
- BS level 8 degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Technical/Science discipline, 7+ years of engineering experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience developing and validating medical device manufacturing processes (TMV, IQ, OQ, and PQ).
- Proven people management skills with previous experience in a people leadership position.
- History of successfully transferring projects to manufacturing in a process development role.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Six-sigma/DRM training; Minitab skills (DOE and other statistical analysis).
- Leadership and self-starter qualities.
- Proven ability to influence across multiple geographic sites.
For further information on this Product Development Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…