Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Product Development Engineer, for their site.
Reporting to: Senior Product Development Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support projects, both internally and on behalf of clients.
- As part of the design team, the candidate will be expected to work closely with, and manage both internal and external specialists to progress projects through to completion.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team on diverse projects.
- Manage prototyping activity within the project.
- Resolve design, testing and manufacturing issues as they arise - using appropriate mathematic theory and FEA/simulation analysis.
- Continuously monitor project performance against scope, timing, budget, risk and report variance to contract.
- Prepare reports/documentation to communicate status and results internally and to customers.
- Compile full product specification packages for Production Release (component drawings, inspection criteria, material specs, work instructions, packaging specs etc.)
- Ensure that documentation such as product development, manufacturing process and test specifications /procedures are completed in compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Complete process development activities such as tolerance development to ensure robust function and process capability.
- Liaise with manufacturing function to ensure manufacturability of products.
- Analyse data and problem solve using six sigma tools.
- Participate in PR and Sales support activity as required.
- Participate in the development of Design Verification Test protocols and reports
Skills & Qualifications:
• Level 8 degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.
• 1-3 years engineering experience in medical device or other highly regulated environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and motivated
• Results driven and able to deliver
• High energy with the adaptability and flexibility to deal with continuous change and innovation
For further information on this Product Development Engineer, role in Galway please contact Orla Crowley on 086 0449473 / Talent@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.