Product Development Technician
Our client, a technology company are looking to recruit a Product Development Technician for their site in Galway.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Ability to read, interpret and implement test requirements per detailed customer product specifications.
- Translate customer validation plans into internal test documents for approval by NPI Engineer. Develop and document test methods.
- Clear communication of company test requirement to external labs for specialist testing.
- Manage and coordinate existing in-house environmental test equipment to optimize usage and adhere to customer timelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment in an efficient manner to avoid unnecessary delays with new product introduction.
- Collect and collate validation data and undertake statistical analysis of related data in support of ongoing design optimization.
- Present data from validation testing in an organised fashion for initial review by engineering team members.
- Complete documentation as required by NPI and complete detailed technical reports for both internal and customer presentation.
- Build customer and engineering samples including inspection and test reporting.
- Define requirements and source, purchase and install, jigs, test fixtures and tooling required to support NPI project schedule. Liaise with tooling, equipment and service suppliers or contractors to identify solutions to stomer needs or as defined by the NPI engineering.
- Familiarity with calibration systems and total system accuracy for measurement and testing.
Diploma in Electronics Engineering or similar discipline
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a development environment including 2-3 years in a related electronics industry
Special Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of test report writing and presentation.
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with good inter-personal skills. Practical individual who is prepared to actively participate as a member of the team.
- The ability to troubleshoot process and equipment in a logical manner to resolve any issues.
- Attention to detail for analysing data and report writing
Other important things to note
Willingness to travel with work, if required, on occasion.
For further information on this Product Development Technician role in Galway please contact Aoife O'Reilly on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval