Our client, a leading medical device company is looking for a Product Engineer for a twelve-month contract role in Galway.
- Responsible for production support engineering with respect to testing methods, procedures, and problems; device specification and yield problems; minor redesign of devices and masks; analysis of customer returns; and optimizing device production relative to cost constraints.
- Support ongoing day to day operations by striving to maintain continuity of supply for components used in medical device industry.
- Provide technical support to the receiving inspection department where component evaluation and disposition will be required.
- May assist customer in device usage problems or customer testing of complex devices.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education.
- Work independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments
- Set objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments.
- Contribute to the completion of project milestones.
- May have some involvement in cross functional assignments.
- Make adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Contact others to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input, and support decision making.
- Provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and / or employee in Support Career Stream.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Experience with knowledge in Lean Principals is an advantage.
- Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires a University Degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both verbal & written.
- Established and productive individual contributor.
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway please contact Anna Carty on 086 8168298/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.