Job ID: JOB-12849
Reporting to the engineering manager, as part of the Commercial Valve engineering team, the product engineer – Commercial Valve, will support strategic needs through new product development activities of hydraulic and electrically actuated valves for use on oil/coolant control systems, Electric Vehicle systems, heavy duty diesel, and natural gas engine applications. The product engineer is expected to plan, co-ordinate and execute engineering projects and tasks associated within a stage gated product development process including scoping, concept generation, design and prototyping, product validation and process qualification activities. The product engineer will also support commercial activities including costing and commercialisation to market release. Position Summary
- Liaising with customers regarding technical aspects of the development of specifications for new products as well as supporting the review of customer inquiries for technical merit and feasibility.
- Review customer inquiries and specifications to assess feasibility and develop design concepts.
- Design and develop custom products such as EGR valves, coolant valves, fuel injectors, and other high speed and proportional solenoid valves for air, water, oils, and other media applications.
- Development of project plans and proposals: Establish engineering activities involved and associated schedule of work
- Work with a local and global cross-functional group including engineers, manufacturing, sales, purchasing and product management personnel to carry out project requirements in line with the company’s NPD (New Product Development) Stage Gate process and systems.
- Support all Company Policies
- Engineering the design of new and improved product for manufacturability and performance, assembly, agency compliance, and lifecycle to customer requirements and to cost targets
- Compliance evaluation and documentation of technical files in regulatory issues.
- Promote and implement OFI’s in product design, cost down, VA-VE and quality areas.
- Project manage and drive NPD programmes as required.
- Utilize company supplied design and operational tools such as CAD and ERP systems, as well employing Six Sigma principles and other appropriate engineering tools as required.
- Creation and development of technical design documentation including but not limited to product drawings, schematics, FMEAs, and product specifications.
- Creation and execution of test qualification plans and product verification requirements alongside specification compliance matrices.
- Oversee and participate in the building and testing of product prototypes and reporting and documenting of engineering RnD activities.
- Apply metrics to monitor and verify success levels of projects.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers as required.
- International travel to the companies facilities, tradeshows, suppliers, and customers for project and technical support purposes.
- Practice good housekeeping
- Follow safety rules
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork focused on Continuous Improvement.
- Assist and participate where requested in the development of engineering staff through recommendation and/or execution of relevant internal and/or external courses.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the engineering manager.
Drive and Support a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Ensure your area is properly organized to maintain 5S
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Improve and apply knowledge and skills of products, applications, & manufacturing processes to facilitate learning and growth among self and fellow team members.
Key Result Accountabilities
- Compliance to company procedures and processes.
- Ensure all documentation is accurately completed before submitting
- Co-ordinate with all departments in an effective and professional manner
- Ensure execution of the project schedules.
- Respond to customers with timely support
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as set out in contracts.
- Provide rapid response to internal and external customer requests.
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Dedicated worker
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Comprehensive problem solving/decision making skills
- Technically innovative with good electromechanical acumen.
- Communication skills – must be able to present complex technical data, both orally and in writing, in concise terms to all organisational levels.
- Actively complies with all rules and regulations set down by the company
- Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge base on relevant technical skills and market trends
- Graduate Degree in Engineering: Electrical/Electronics, Electromechanical, Mechanical.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineered technical product design within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in development of commercial control valves/electroelectrohydraulics design, with specific experience in electrical vehicle coolant control valves, high temperature exhaust systems, hydraulic, oil is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in an automotive product design and development environment (IATF 16949) is advantageous.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for working in teams or on an individual basis.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communications skills.
- Proficient in 3D modelling of complex parts in Creo Parametric.
- Experienced in the use of Geometric tolerancing (GD&T)
- Proficient in the use of Software tools where provided and as necessary including but not limited to : o Creo Parametric 3D modelling o AutoCAD 2D o LabView o MS Office tools o DFMEA, & PFMEA
- Skills in the following areas would be advantageous: o MATLAB o MathCAD o Minitab o Ansys / FEM Magnetic Finite Element Analysis o Computational Fluid Dynamics FEA o Lean Six Sigma manufacturing principles: ▪ DMF/DFA, design for LSS, ▪ Process improvement ▪ VA/VE engineering
- Knowledgeable in materials and manufacturing methods, component design and engineering processes.
- Experience in designing forgings, castings, stampings, injection moulded and sintered components is preferred
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Shannon McCrossan on 0868168273/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13368 Senior HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12772 Manufacturing Engineer (NPI) Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway are currently recruiting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13250 Manufacturing Technician Responsible for the safe, efficient running of the Kiefel Thermoforming machines, working as…