Product Engineer II – REMOTE
Job ID: JOB-12616
Product Engineer II – Remote
My client a leading medical device company in Galway is looking for a Product Engineer II, this role is remote although will requirte onsite visits every now and again.
- Perform product design and development, specializing in improving the value of legacy products.
- Coordinate and support value engineering events with various cross-functional groups.
- Key participant in DFMEA, PFMEA, and CTQ processes assuring proposed changes do not impact the device.
- Lead cross-functional and/or departmental groups to develop and provide design recommendations that integrate into components or products with moderate complexity.
- Interface with R&D, Customers, Marketing, Manufacturing and Suppliers to discover and trial new raw materials or production processes with the intent of improving performance or quality, reducing cost, and improving manufacturing efficiencies.
- Keep current with technology/engineering advances to deliver best available technology to the project.
- Effectively manage projects, coordinate activities, and communicate progress to key stakeholders.
- Partner with Medtronic’s supply base to create and evaluate potential value improvement opportunities.
- Communicate technically with key stakeholders and develop product and process expertise and complete activities per compliance requirements.
- Create project proposals to present business case to leaders.
- Continue to enhance engineering and leadership skills through additional training and education.
Qualifications – External
Key Skills & Experience
- Level 8 Bachelor’s Degree in a Science / Engineering or related discipline
- 2 Years + Experience in a similar role
- Team player – ability to effectively interact with all disciplines
- Self-starter – ability to interpret critical aspects of information received from multiple sources
- Dynamic, positive attitude
- Strong communication and drive for results
- Solid design, troubleshooting and presentation skills
- SolidWorks, Office Suite, Minitab
- Knowledge of FDA Quality Systems Regulations and ISO Quality Systems
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Good project management capabilities with experience in medical process validations preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience
- Travel up to 10% domestically and internationally
For further information on this role in Limerick please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12718 Senior Supply Chain Planner We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain Professionals…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12646 Quality Team Lead Take a look at this excellent opportunity with our…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12619 Packaging Engineering Manager Permanent position Galway Exciting new role for a Packaging Engineering Manager to join one of…