Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Product Line Financial Controller for their site.
This newly created Product Line Financial Controller role serves as the finance business partner for the Global Metals Product Line Portfolio team within the Medical Unit. The focus of the role is on proactively providing financial guidance to the Product Line Business Leader and the team, making investment decisions, managing operating expenses, as well as generating reports and analyzing revenue and margin. The Financial Controller will work primarily with the Product Line Leader but will also work with product management, project management and engineering teams. Supported by internal learning opportunities and with exposure to new markets, this role has plenty of scope for growth and progression as the business grows.
Key Responsibilities of the Position:
- Primary business partner for the Product Line Business Leader
- Provide analytical support to ensure the Product Line achieves its strategic financial goals including portfolio balancing
- Make recommendations for price adjustments and changes, product life cycle adjustments, product segmentations and cost inflation
- Review low margin products and identify price and margin opportunities to improve customer and global product line profitability
- Perform margin and pricing analysis to support key business unit initiatives as required
- Provide support for contract negotiations related to customer supply agreements
- Make recommendations related to prioritisation of program transfers based on rate of return
- Voting member of the Product Line Business (PLB) team Product Approval Committees (PAC)
- Review and evaluate P&L’s, Capital Investment proposals and PFO exposure as prepared by Project Management at Gate reviews
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of book, bill and standard margin
- Analyse actual and forecasted orders, sales, standard margin, product mix, price erosion, and AR as they relate to the PLB
- Analyse and model trends by customer, product family, region, market, etc.
- Drive financial reconciliation of S&OP outputs from demand, sales and supply chain
- Prepare month end financial reporting to adjusted mgmt. OI for the PLB
- Partner with various regional Finance and Operations teams to adequately evaluate the completeness and accuracy of the inventory reserve calculation over & above the standard calculation
- Assist in other financial reporting (e.g. strategic plan or quarterly earnings) as requested by BU management, Segment management or FP&A team
- Provide financial support to Project Management teams on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist with and support the creation of global Medical processes and procedures across the three product line businesses
- Drive continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 6 years prior experience
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong MS Excel knowledge and demonstrated data analytics
- Experience with TE data sources preferred (TED2.0, SAP Projects, Hyperion)
For further information on this Product Line Financial Controller role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.