Our client a leading medical device company with a site located in Galway are recruiting for a Product Manager-NPI to join the team. This role will be responsible for leading and managing the development and implementation process of company's products, processes and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products / services. The Product Manager will champion and lead significant and complex new product development, post commercialisation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supports the organization in the delivery of quality projects that meet expectations and are completed on time and on budget.
- Demonstrates effective change leadership.
- Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives. Creates an entrepreneurial environment.
- Provides general direction to managers, exempt specialists and non-exempt support in various areas, groups and/or operations.
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, outside regulatory agencies, customers, vendors and/or suppliers.
- Coordinates across functional areas, business units, and/or geographies in order to achieve company or area goals.
- Utilizes technical/professional knowledge and skills to establish, interpret and execute company policies in a major segment of the company.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA regulations, etc.).
- Makes and executes operational decisions with a strategic perspective.
- Directs and controls the activities, resourcing and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups and/or operations.
- Enable the prioritization of key initiatives and provide clear understanding of our capacity to manage and deliver results; Monitors project plan execution and ensures that key milestones and metrics are developed and met
- Leverages best practices and may be involved in standardizing best practices to improve overall effectiveness in managing projects.
- Min. HETAC level 8 in Engineering:? electrical, mechanical, industrial, software, manufacturing; and a Masters in Project Management would be preferred.
- 4+ years of project management experience
- Experience with development of medical devices a plus
- Strong experience in project managing significant new product activities that require collaboration with Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering and Operations.??
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management?
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications to project team and all stakeholders
- Must be strong in people management and team building.
- Must be proficient with MS Project.
For further information on this Product Manager- NPI role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.