Product Security Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12946
Product Security Engineer (Hybrid)
Our client is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 75,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick provides cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. We are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you, where you will be at the forefront of creating and developing specialised devices, software solutions and systems to help others. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Our vision for MMS at Our Client
With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team are able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
About the role
Security is the key component across all products we develop, and we must continually ensure the security mindset culture and philosophy is integrated into all security practices within our development processes. Ensuring security and privacy for our customers, clients and their patients is a key mantra in all our work. We achieve this by making everyone accountable for security and strive to continually enhance and improve our Security mindset culture. We require and encourage collaboration between teams and management and the right candidate should be a positive, forward-looking individual. They must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction, collaborates often and effectively with project team members, presents a positive and professional demeanor with customers, and excels at solving difficult problems.
This role provides the scope to lead and enhance security for our next generation of products, while ensuring the current products are kept secure, to deal with the constant changes in the threat landscape. Day to day primary responsibilities includes leadership in enhancing security tools and processes, relationship management, and providing guidance to the team to deliver quality and secure application and our clients. Relationship building, influencing change, and finding opportunities to collaborate are key. These requirements can be achieved by leveraging and creating alignment with the extended team within our client, suppliers/partners and with the larger our client organization of resources and experts.
The candidate should possess secure software development knowledge, specifically related to implementation of security requirements and secure coding standards, e.g., NIST SP 800-53, OWASP, and MS Secure Coding Standards. The candidate shall be able to evaluate product designs and provide solutions to remediate security vulnerabilities through product security risk assessments, vulnerability scans, and static and dynamic code analysis tools. In addition to defining security requirements for new product development, the role requires support to teams in remediating vulnerabilities with existing products.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Educate engineering teams to understand security requirements and find practical solutions on how to implement into new and existing products
- Support teams in implementing secure software solutions by ensuring architecture is in accordance with industry accepted standards for medical device security including encryption, disaster recovery, authentication, audit logging, hardening measures, patch management, and vulnerability monitoring.
- Assist in product security risk assessments, hazard analysis, and provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers both on and off-site.
- Assist in technical design reviews and code inspections. Provide clear, actionable feedback for project team members
- Develop and ensure software engineering procedures are aligned with product security requirements
- Provide training and support for actioning vulnerability scans and static code analysis results
Supporting the Product Security Documentation process including:
- Providing standardized Product Security documentation
- Using document management platforms (SAP, DocuSign, SharePoint)
- Organize and support the document review and approval process
- Ensure that deliverables are delivered punctually and to the required level of quality
- Participate in product security incident response teams
- Interface and oversee product security aspects of technical departments such as Penetration Testing Team, Systems, Hardware Engineering, Quality, and technical services
- Demonstrate proper secure coding practices driving standards within the software engineering organization
- Collaborate with other resources to ensure effective design and implementation goals.
- Assure adherence to development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, other related engineering field or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT-Security architecture, secure software development, systems & architecture concepts, and designs
- Working experience with various encryption algorithms and PKI solutions
- Understanding of security issues and solutions for embedded devices
- Experience with Dynamic and static code analysis tools
- Good understanding of networking and related security aspects and common attacks
- Demonstrated understanding of developing in a regulated environment and adhering to a quality management system
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrated positive work ethic with a strong commitment to achieving project goals
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products and tools
In addition to the above skills, the following skillset would be advantageous but not essential:
- Experience with embedded devices and IOT especially in the IT-Security domain
- Experience with Security tools and distributions (Parrot OS, Nessus, NMAP, …)
- Understanding of Wi-Fi security
Knowledge of Completing a track Trace and plan using a Security Requirements Traceability Matrix (SRTM) or similar tool with the goal of tracking
- Security Requirements
- Source of Requirement
- Requirement Objective
- Verification Method
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA, MDR) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
- Work experience in network security along networking fundamentals (IP protocol, firewalls etc.) strongly desired
- Recognized Security certifications (CISSP, CEH, CSSLP etc.)
For further information on this role in Product Security please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13368 Senior HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13352 Senior R&D Engineer Overview: Work as part of a Research & Development team in the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13258 Senior R&D Engineer (Front End Innovation) SUMMARY: The successful candidate will have research & development…