|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Product Stewardship Engineer – Dangerous Goods Management
Job ID: JOB-11622
Product Stewardship Engineer – Dangerour Goods Management (12 month Fixed Term Contract) A leading global healthcare leader is recruiting for a Product Stewardship Engineer for their site in Galway. The Product Stewardship Engineer will support the Diagnostics Product Stewardship program implementation with particular focus on collecting and analyzing product and packaging data. The Primary function is to input and maintain Bill of Material (BOM) information in a global software system for product, packaging or purchased items either current commercial under modification or in development. Support implementation of Product Stewardship program elements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the implementation of product lifecycle management and the development of the division product stewardship database
- Ensure part, packaging and product information is cataloged, collected and accurately tracked in product stewardship database
- Work with Corporate Regulatory/Product Stewardship team and provide updates as needed
- Coordinate the roll out of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) authoring system across the business unit
- Implement standard process for Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Management across the business unit.
- Provide Division-wide leadership and technical support to ensure compliance with local and Abbott Dangerous Goods, DG (Hazardous Materials, Hazmat) Transportation requirements
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and other regulatory requirements
- Complies with ECHA, EMA, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels with employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Supports Environmental Management System and division sustainability efforts
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Environmental Science or related discipline
- Combined related experience in a) Safety Data Sheet Management b) Dangerous Goods Management c) product safety
- Technical experience in chemical engineering
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience in Product Stewardship management (e.g., REACH, RoHS)
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving and planning skills
- Must use sound judgement and ability to build and maintain relationships with individuals and in teams
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally if needed.
For further information on this Product Stewardship Engineer role, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…