Production Group Leader
Job ID: JOB-11546
Production Group Leader
My client is a well know Galway medical device manufacturer with a new opportunity for a Production Group Lead! As the Production Group Lead, oversee the day to day success and continuous improvement of the assigned production area through the development of the Production Team members. In your role, you will supervise Team Leaders and Production Operators to manufacture product to schedule, in compliance with all specifications and procedures.
- Lead the assigned production areas in daily operations ensuring that customer orders are scheduled on time and the planned cell / line outputs are delivered per schedule, meeting quality and efficiency standards.
- Work closely with the Quality Department to ensure that the relevant quality standards are met, and any quality issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Enforce and maintain a high level of compliance to GMP, quality and safety procedures.
- Supervise, support and mentor a team of up to 3 Team Leaders and approx. 25 Production Operators.
- Drive a positive team atmosphere in the production area. Provide effective cross training for Production Operators to ensure continuous smooth running of the production area.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection process for new and existing employees for available roles and complete performance reviews for Production Operators and Team Leaders.
- Engage with and fully support the implementation of lean manufacturing principles and concepts in designated area.
- Create a basis for continuous improvement by ensuring standardised work and processes are followed, needed changes are implemented and the area is compliant with safety and 5S requirements.
- Support and encourage the submission and implementation of continuous improvement ideas for all team members.
- Prepare, update and present weekly KPI’s at support team meeting.
- Work closely with other departmental leads to ensure scheduling of R&D projects and new product introductions that meet customer requirements, keeping Customer Operations informed of any delays or impacts to shipments.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- An attitude of compliance together with an understanding and appreciation of the benefits of standard work procedures.
- A can-do-attitude with emphasis on meeting all internal and external customer requirements.
- A continuous improvement mind-set.
- 5+ years’ experience as a team leader or equivalent role
- Lean qualification or demonstrated experience is highly advantageous
For further information on this role, please contact Helga Reeves email@example.com or 0868168298
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11624 Senior Network Operations Engineer Our client, a telecoms company is currently looking to recruit a Senior Network…
Job ID: JOB-11632 Automation & Controls Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company located in Ballina are looking to…
Job ID: JOB-11631 Senior Financial Accountant Our client a large pharmaceutical company is recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant to…