Production Line Leader
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Production Line Leader for their site.
Role and Responsibilities
- To provide first level leadership of Versatile Operators in the manufacture and assembly of medical devices
- To schedule work for individual work stations and processes in line with the company manufacturing schedule
- To take a hands on role where necessary to ensure the timely completion of customer orders through the manufacturing process.
- To monitor and maintain production KPI's showing actual line performance against standard, for work station throughput; yield, and schedule adherence. To account for variances through accurate reporting of downtime and defect analysis.
- To co-ordinate effective training of Versatile Operators through close collaboration with Trainer and Production Team Leader, and to maximise the operational skill-base.
- To continuously monitor the performance of Versatile Operators to ensure compliance to all relevant policies and procedures (ref QA/Regulatory; Manufacturing; HR and EH&S)
- To ensure effective implementation of corrective actions as part of the NCR/CAPA system
- To organise additional working arrangements where necessary in conjunction with the Production Team Leader
- To communicate effectively with all Production Team and across all functions, to maintain a positive, progressive team-based manufacturing environment.
- To monitor the flow of materials and product from work station to work station, while ensuring that all documentation ( day sheet; Lot History Record, TA etc ) has been completed, and fully reconciled
- To actively partake in the problem solving process and demonstrate an appropriate level of technical proficiency
- To take a leadership and where necessary, a participative role, in project teams to drive improvements
- To assist with line support, lot prepping, material and product testing, product building and all the cross departmental functions to ensure that the business needs are met in a timely manner.
- Deputise for Production Team Leader when required.
Qualifications and Essential Requirements
- Front Line Management /Production Engineering, or equivalent desirable
- Minimum of 3 years relevant manufacturing experience in medical device sector in a support team role
- Ability to work different shift patterns and additional hours when required essential
- Excellent communications skills and proven ability to liaise well with other departments.
- The successful candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude, be target and quality driven with a willingness to learn.
For further information on this Production Line Leader role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval