Our client, a Medical Device manufacturing company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit a Productiona Manager for their site.
Purpose of position
The Production Manager has the responsibility for all production departments and manufacturing personnel. The Production Manager will put in place plans and execute the production schedules to achieve monthly sales objectives. The Production Manager will develop manufacturing strategies to meet Business growth and deliver on overall company objectives and key performance metrics. He/she provides support and works closely with all other functional heads. Drives quality, safety and continuous improvement initiatives while managing overall costs.
Principal Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and manage capacity and resources to deliver on the manufacturing strategy, sales objectives and key performance metrics.
- Manage resources to support technical trials/new product/ new technology introduction in conjunction with the technical, engineering and quality departments.
- Ensure that products manufactured by the team meet the requirements of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Create efficient weekly Production/Trials plans.
- Manage the day to day upkeep of the Master Schedule and communicate changes effectively and efficiently to Customer Service & Finance departments.
- Feed-back commit dates to Customer Service on a daily basis and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the sales department, QA, Engineering and Technical department on product and process development matters including preparation of quotations, costing analysis, feasibility studies, new product introduction and customer trials.
- Champion structured approach to problem solving within the organisation in addition to supporting six sigma green and black belt projects.
- Build a motivated, competent and results focused team, developing a culture of continuous improvement within the department.
- Manage performance of direct reports reports and ensure actions, improvements and decisions emanating from these reviews are carried out in a timely manner.
- Achieve key project deliverables (Cpk, cycle- times, lead -time, GM% etc)- on time and within budget
- Play an active part in the quality management review process.
- Maintain effective communication with staff in order to promote awareness of and to conform to customer requirements.
- Organise, implement and maintain a recruitment and training programme to ensure Operators, Technicians and support staff are fully capable of performing their duties.
- Ensure work order packages and time sheets are completed in a timely and accurate manner to meet shipment and financial deadlines.
- Manage and ensure compliance quality and safety systems within the manufacturing department.
- Manage headcount and expenditure within budgeted figures and deliver on cost savings.
- The Production Manager is responsible for Supervisors, Process Technicians, Technical Process Assurance Operators and Process Assurance Operators. S/he may delegate selected responsibilities to the Technical Supervisors or other staff as appropriate.
- In his/her absence the Head of Operations will deputise.
- The Production Manager should preferably have a minimum of 5 years' medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing experience. At a minimum 5 years' experience in a senior manufacturing management role.
- A relevant third level qualification is desirable.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of ISO13485 and regulatory requirements. In particular, a detailed knowledge of MDD 93/42 EEC requirements and validation.
- S/he needs strong communication, people management and influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively simultaneously manage a wide range of diverse activities.
- Self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills.
- Practical level-headed individual who is prepared to actively participate as an active member of the management team.
- S/he must be innovative and have a high level of mechanical aptitude.
For further information on this Production Manager role in Roscommon please contact Jenny mullery on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval