Telephone: 091 730022
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Production Manager for their site.
- Leadership of the daily production operation ensuring that a quality product is produced in a safe and cost-effective manner that meets our customer's expectation and regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall management of day to day activities within production ensuring customer requirements are met in a timely, compliant, safe and cost-effective manner.
- To directly manage a team of Production Supervisors responsible for manufacturing product to targeted production plans in a quality driven manner.
- Ensure all operational performance measures are reached which include productivity, efficiency, waste, quality and safety. Prepare reports and present on same daily.
- To support site business strategies ensuring personnel are organized on appropriate shift patterns as required to ensure optimum operational performance is achieved.
- Manage and drive performance through the supervisor team and liaise with department managers on issues that directly affect the production activities.
- To support & drive the wider organisational priorities to achieve Excellence in Customer Service and Supply Chain, through fixing robust fixed schedules with the planning departments to ensure we achieve monthly delivery performance targets
- Drive process improvements across production to achieve the Delivery performance goals to our Customers.
- Develop high potential direct reports within Production function to position for future business growth
- Drive a consistent team based approach across production ensuring open two way communication at all times. Drive team meetings, team problem solving, and continuous improvement initiatives across the production department.
- Develop and maintain safety programs including appropriate training and communication sessions and ensuring the safety of all personnel.
- Manage people issues including absenteeism, return to work interviews, performance, management etc. in consultation with HR.
- Ensuring hygiene and housekeeping standards are at a level to ensure 100% daily GMP compliance. Identifying corrective action if GMP is not fully in compliance
- Management of production budget
- Work closely with relevant Functional managers to ensure appropriate assessment, staffing and scheduling of R&D projects and New Product Introductions to ensure internal project milestones and customer expectations are assured.
- Work closely with Quality, Warehouse, Procurement and Engineering supervisors to ensure that production & shipping targets are met through open communications and teamwork.
- Resolve any non-conformance / OOS in the manufacturing system by timely and effective corrective action and INV closure.
- Ensure that orders received by the company are adequately defined and the appropriate resources are in place to meet the customer's requirement as stated on the order.
- Set KPI's for direct reports and monitor performance against these goals.
- Monitor Raw material, In Process and Finished goods stock are in control.
- Champion Operational Excellence programmes and participate in projects as required.
- Ensure that training records are maintained and a training plan prepared for each member of the production department.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in an acceptable condition such that product quality, personnel safety or the environment are not adversely affected.
- Participate in all stages of site-wide projects including definition, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & closure to ensure the continued growth & expansion of the group.
- Degree qualified in a Science/Engineering discipline. (APICS an advantage)
- 8 years+ experience in a manufacturing management role, with a min of 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong interpersonal skills, an innate ability to influence and build relationships at all levels and a driving vision to create an inclusive culture of performance, continuous improvement and development
- Have a high level of commercial and business awareness, be action oriented complemented by the resilience to achieve challenging objectives.
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change.
- Must be a pro-active self-starter and an excellent communicator with exceptional problem solving skills.
- Inspirational, able to influence, motivate and encourage teamwork
For further information on this Production Manager role in Galway please contact Catriona Coogan on 091 730022 /firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval