Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, an automotive company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Production Manager for their site.
- Ensure that any new employee of his/her perimeter follows an Induction process.
- Monitor competences for his/her team and develops its autonomy (training plan building, follow-up & training actions implementation).
- Ensure working standards are respected on its Production Area during the operations (safety, work instructions, quality and respect of the product).
- Ensure that standards of reaction are applied with rigor (eg. KOSU) and perform escalation according to standards.
- Lead daily, weekly & monthly meetings, and organize delegation.
- Conduct annual appraisals, salary review, career interviews, succession planning & give feedback.
- Communicate a mind-set of continuous improvement & responsibility vs. targets achievement inside its Production Area
- Perform OJT of his/her teams every day on standards & methodologies implemented.
- Congratulate and recognize its team for improvements.
- Ensure a positive social climate on his/her Production Area
- Ensure enforcement of health, safety and environmental rules.
- Ensure curative & preventive maintenance of equipment & sustainable ERIM deployment.
- Define work standards with the help of support functions.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Be accountable for SQCDM performance and profitability (gross margin) of his/her Production Area, in terms of targets achievement, and improvement.
- Ensure optimal use of equipment (TRP).
- Assign & check corrective actions on recurring problems with Production Area and Plant support departments.
- Escalate at Site level the issues that can’t be solved at Production Manager Level.
Manage continuous improvement
- Lead daily Production Area QRQC (Safety, Quality, Direct Labour efficiency, Maintenance).
- Lead workstation ergonomics risk analysis and elimination.
- Lead everyday genba activities with his/her team, as TOP 3 issues countermeasures review as for KOSU.
- Lead & review action plans to improve SQCDM performance (actual and targets).
- Be responsible for Customer Line Return analysis and solving for products from his/her Production Area in front of customers.
- Propose Production Area lay out evolutions to simplify flows.
- Prepare budget proposal (including training actions, investments).
- Manage the budget of his/her Production Area and allocates the appropriate resources in respect with the budget perimeter. Implement necessary corrective actions for compliance.
- Contribute to successful new projects
- Be involved in the industrialization of new projects (before end phase 2), FPDRs and SOPs and facilitate by his / her actions proper start-ups.
- Validate the Lean Process Design Checklist for new projects.
- Degree / Diploma in Manufacturing / Mechanical / Industrial / Electronic Engineering
- Background knowledge in SMT Process also an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in production supervision and / or Supply Chain
- Experience in Automotive industry is a distinct advantage and preferable.
- Good Interpersonal skills are key to the success of this role.
- Previous managerial experience desired
- Experience of site product Technologies would be an advantage.
- Flexible attitude to job function and working hours
- Excellent Prioritization and Time Management skills.
- Confident communication skills – written & verbal
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
For further information on this Production Manager role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval