The Production Supervisor – Evening shift will manage, lead and motivate a group of enthusiastic and committed production staff. The position is responsible for the quality, compliance, production output, and safety on this particular shift in addition to the integration of new processes & systems. The person with contribute cross functionally to the other shifts ensuring that best practices are shared across the Production Organisation in a business that is growing
- Lead, motivate and manage to deliver best in class performance metrics and KPI’s, from component receipt to on time shipping to customers in an FDA/ISO 13485 regulated environment.
- Plan including developing and maintaining a workable plan for capacity modeling, ramp rates, with hiring, training, yield and efficiency assumptions
- Ensure that all HR, Safety, Quality, Regulatory, housekeeping and Environmental systems are fully complied with through the involvement of all team members.
- Develop the team through appropriate selection, training, coaching and mentoring to ensure a high performance production unit to meet and exceed company expectations.
- Identify and promote a continuous and positive improvement culture across all areas (safety, quality, compliance, output, efficiency & other) making use of best international practices.
- Facilitate investigation, trouble shooting, and reporting on process & system failures, product defects and non-conformances, using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Actively promote, lead and participate in work center improvement groups and project teams, to improve quality, reduce costs, increase output, eliminate waste and improve environment and working methods.
- Performance manage direct reports to assure higher performance for career progression and development to meet company objectives
- Interacting and liaising with quality, warehousing, planning, customer service and other manufacturing teams to achieve necessary outcomes
- Manage process flows, space management and working with colleagues to maximize usage.
- Work in conjunction with technical engineering and quality departments in managing resources to support trial builds/new product/new process introduction.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
- The Production Supervisor will have a minimum of a primary degree in a relevant Engineering or Technological discipline
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 7 years' experience, with at least 5 years in a manufacturing environment in a medical device supervisory role.
•Flexible and adaptable person who is eager and willing to meet the necessary challenges that arise in a high growth company in a regulated environment
•Lean & Six sigma process experience of fostering a culture of pro-activity and problem resolution.
•Outstanding knowledge of quality systems as they pertain to Medical Device manufacturing
•Self-starter with excellent people management, communication and interpersonal skills to develop and manage high performing teams
•Analytical and rational thinker who has an ability to multi-task
•Ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities
•Good understanding of ERP system modules and proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
•Proven ability to work under own initiative in an inclusive manner with all work colleagues