The Production Manager is responsible for the achievement of the team’s daily schedule. The schedule consists of planned custom forecasts and unplanned sales orders. The PM will report production outputs with relevant business units. The production schedule is provided by the Production Planner, and the PM must closely coordinate all status with the PP. The PM allocates available manpower to the appropriate orders using direct reporting technicians. Factory floor safety, cleanliness, and overall appearance are considered a daily part of the lead role. Any risks that the production schedule may not be achieved should be communicated immediately to the PP and Order desk. Individual is responsible for the tracking of monthly metrics related to team performance. Individual will oversee training, and qualification of production operators & technicians to maintain compliance to build standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep Manufacturing Floor flowing efficiently to maximize production
- Maintain quality of machines as they are integrated
- Work with MFG-ENG to insure adequate work instructions.
- Process MO’s for accurate receipt to FNG
- Training of new team members
- Keep Manufacturing area clean, and presentable at all times.
- Learn about company’s business as appropriate. Shows up to work on time and attends work as scheduled.
- All other duties as requested by supervisor or department head.
- Provide local management to the return operations (RMA) & liaise with relevant cooperate management to ensure consistency of process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If an employee does not meet the required competency level in any area, a required development training plan will be implemented.
(Education and/or years of experience; technical and/or analytical; software or applications; department and/or position specific; internal or external certifications required)
- Diploma or equivalent required plus 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate using standard office suite software required. Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing techniques and the ability to execute change a plus.
- Previous experience in production environment required.
- Candidate should have knowledge of computer networking fundamentals,
- PM should have the ability to direct individuals of the team to achieve the completion of the production schedule.
- Overtime should be expected. Must have the ability to follow implicit build instructions, and enforce compliance with all quality standards.
- Must be able to work/communicate well with internal engineering teams when technical situations arise.
- Ability to follow all applicable Business Management System (BMS) processes.
- 5+ years Supervisory/Management experience
- A knowledge of Manufacturing Quality Standards
- Effective Communicator, Highly organised
- Strong leadership skills, Ability to motivate others
- Support Team work, Create a team environment
(Other core requirements including communication, presentation, language, math, and reasoning skills)
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets and electronic office tools.
- Knowledge of basic addition, subtraction, division and multiplication of numbers is required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Know and follow established company core values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; to sit, stand, walk; and to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.