Responsible for leading and managing all aspects of production to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost targets are met and improved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that an effective production management system is implemented and maintained, in line with company lean manufacturing principles.
- Ensure appropriate escalation of issues to management and effective communication across all production operations.
- Manage and mentor a team of production and technical support staff to ensure effective operation of all production related activities.
- Ensure that scheduling and operations planning systems are effective, and high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Instill and maintain a positive team atmosphere. Ensure that people management issues are effectively resolved in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Proactively develop the production support team through coaching, training, experience development and internal/external recruitment.
- Ensure that the production support team has the required capabilities and competencies the business requires.
- Ensure that the production team have the required flexibility to deliver company objectives.
- Ensure that all production operations are fully compliant with Safety & 5S obligations.
- Achieve annual company objectives for improved productivity, reduced lead times and reduced scrap.
- Manage assigned problems / improvement plans, ensuring thorough problem solving practices are followed. Coach and mentor the team on problem solving.
- Work proactively & effectively with the management team (Engineering, Quality, HR, others) to resolve operational challenge to business targets.
- Manage production staffing plan within budget.
- Be the lead within the production operation for the implementation of lean manufacturing principles. Coach and mentor the team on lean principles.
- Be flexible and take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time.
- Degree qualification in Engineering, Science or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience in a production management role (or equivalent), ideally within the Medical Device Industry.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Must be capable of managing, motivating and coaching individuals of diverse talents, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation and sustaining of lean manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to project manage and execute tasks in an efficient manner.
For further information on this Production Manager role in Galway please contact Helga Reeves on 0868168298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Senior Compliance Specialist My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Specialist on…
Title MDR/Vigilance Specialist Duration: 12 months Location: Work from home / Ballybrit Galway Start Date: ASAP…
Title IT Business/Systems Analyst Summary Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an…