Job ID: JOB-12040
Our client, a leading company in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products, is recruiting for a Production Manager. This role is based in Galway and is a permanent position.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the company’s operations function.
They are looking for individuals who will support and drive their vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers. In this role you will report into Director of Facilities & Engineering, Acting Head of Production. This role is commutable from Clare and Tipperary also.
- Management of the Production department of an FDA and HPRA approved facility to full commercial manufacture.
- Management of Production targets including setting and improving standards while maintaining full compliance to existing and new regulatory compliance requirements while working with Quality, Engineering, Research and Development, Planning and Procurement and work with Engineering, R+D, Quality, Product Launch, and all relevant teams to ensure site qualification and validation is conducted successfully.
- While representing production assist with Registration and Quality Departments on the compilation of data required for EU and US product dossier submissions.
- Represent and lead the production team together with all departments, during, non-EU, EU, and US authority inspections to ensure facility approvals are obtained and maintained.
- Successfully launch new products to full commercial manufacture.
- Overall management of day-to-day activities within production ensuring customer requirements are met on time (OTIF- on time in full) in a compliant, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Directly manage the Production team responsible for manufacturing and packaging product to set production plans in a quality driven manner.
- Ensure all operational performance measures are reached which include productivity, efficiency, waste, quality, and safety. Prepare reports and present on same.
- Support site business strategies ensuring personnel are organized on appropriate shift patterns as required to ensure optimum operational performance is achieved.
- Manage and drive performance through the operations team and liaise with all relevant department managers on issues that directly affect the production activities.
- Drive a consistent team-based approach across production always ensuring open two-way communication. Drive team meetings, team problem solving, continuous improvement initiatives across the production department.
- Develop and maintain safety programs including appropriate training and communication sessions and ensuring the safety of all personnel.
- Manage people issues including absenteeism, return to work interviews, performance, management etc. in consultation with HR.
- Ensuring hygiene and housekeeping standards are at a level to ensure 100% daily GMP compliance. Identifying corrective action if GMP is not fully in compliance. Maintain the company QMS.
- Management of production budget
- Work closely with relevant managers to ensure appropriate assessment, staffing and scheduling of R&D projects and Product Launch Projects to ensure internal project milestones and customer expectations are assured.
- Work closely with Quality, Warehouse, Procurement and Engineering supervisors to ensure that production & shipping targets are met through open communications and teamwork.
- Resolve any non-conformance in the manufacturing system by timely and effective corrective action.
- Set KPI’s for direct reports and monitor performance against these goals.
- Champion Operational Excellence programmes and participate in projects as required
- Ensure that training records are maintained, and a training plan prepared for each member of the production department.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in an acceptable condition such that product quality, personnel safety or the environment are not adversely affected.
Education and Experience Required:
- 5 years+ experience in a manufacturing management role, with a min of 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry. Experience in start-up project would be advantageous
- US FDA experience essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an innate ability to influence and build relationships at all levels and a driving vision to create an inclusive culture of performance, continuous improvement, and development
- Have a high level of commercial and business awareness, be action oriented complemented by the resilience to achieve challenging objectives.
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change.
- Must be a pro-active self-starter and an excellent communicator with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- inspirational, able to influence, motivate and encourage teamwork
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and a knowledge of enterprise systems. i.e., SAP
- Good communication skills
- Works consistently to resolve Team Problems / issues and to promote improvements.
- Good listener and be available to Team Members.
- Highlight issues to Senior Management Team.
For further information on this role in please contact on Laura Neary on 0867738651 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12164 Quality Control Supervisor Duration: 12 Months We are now recruiting a Quality Control Supervisor to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12161 Network Architect My client a healthcare delivery enterprise are looking for a Network Architect to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12163 Process Technician – Injection Moulding Key Responsibilities: Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting,…