Production Operations Team Lead
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Production Operations Team Lead for their site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign work schedules to Production Assemblers balancing skill sets and training levels to maximize production output.
- Responsibility for assigning work to non-Technician staff on the Production and RMA areas.
- Work with Quality and Operator Trainer to ensure that all Assemblers have the training and the tools needed to meet the production plan.
- Balance Assembler demand in Production & RMA ensuring maximum flexibility by creating and implementing a cross-training plan.
- Work with the Production Manager and the Quality group as required to close off any corrective actions.
- Work directly with the Production Manager to provide Production related reporting support.
- Work with Production Manager on RMA related projects as required.
- Work with the Production Manager and the Engineering team to ensure First Article builds are supported.
- Liaise with the Customer Service Representative and Sales teams to ensure priorty MO's are given attention.
- Participate in daily Operations Meetings.
- Ensure that the set metric targets on Units To Stock, Adjust Units to Stock, Build Plan, RMA Turntime and Yield reach the levels required.
- Support other metric target as set by Production Manager.
- Ensure that 5S practices are adhered to throughout the Production floor.
- Co-ordinate holiday planning and holiday balance for Assemblers.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of time sheets for the Assembly group.
- Highlight any disciplinary or performance related issues from the Production/RMA teams to the Production Manager.
- Preparation of weekly Production Metric reports.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Demonstrated team work abilities to guide an Assembly team.
- Capable of prioritizing workload and organising a steady work flow.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required.
- Strong work ethic and problem solving abilities.
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of the company's products and services.
- Knowledgeable in PC hardware and software.
- Report generation and Production related data analysis ability..
- 3 to 5 years previous experience working within a Production environment.
- Previous people leading experience essential.
- Third level qualification in Production focused discipline desirable.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval