Our client, a manufacturing company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Production Planner for their site.
The Planner co-ordinates plant functions in the development and execution of detailed production plans.
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
- This person will be a part of the planning team which is responsible for developing, communicating and ensuring timely execution of materials & production plans necessary to meet operational & customer service goals of the plant. The primary focus of the role is for the planning, monitoring, control and execution of the build schedule, while supporting the team leaders and other functions.
- The role will include inventory management elements required by the business units.
- The job will also include responsibility for ongoing process improvement with regard to all material issues.
- Review and update Order Action Report-Weekly
- Allocate kits (using allocation rules-Weekly)
- Review shortage and impacts on schedule-Weekly
- Liaise and co-ordinate supply activities with Buyers. Review shortage and impacts on schedule. Work with Buyers to expedite material deliveries to support production plans as required.
- Interact with Team Leads/Customer Service on reschedule/missed shipments-Daily.
- Issue Weekly Production Plan-rolling three weeks to Business unit members-Weekly
- Monitor and Control metrics relating to Production plan Performance-issue weekly.
- Review and highlight capacity/bottleneck impacts.
- Review and keep WIP figures to minimum
- Generation and distribution of a determined suite of Inventory Management related reports
- Review Excess/Obsolete on Shop floor, along with Work Order Integrity
- MRB Issues/attend CCB Meeting
- Work with Business unit teams on relevant projects and continuous Improvement activities
- Demand Management
- Call off component materials to support production plans in line with agreed inventory policies and in keeping with plant vendor management policies and procedures
- Any other duties as advised by Company Management
Measurements will be tracked against plant metrics and MBOs tracked as per the annual appraisal process.
- 3 to 5 Years? experience in Electronic Manufacturing preferably in a Planning and/or Materials environment
- Relevant Third Level Qualification
- Fully IPICS/IIPMM Qualified or in the process of achieving same
- Communication & Analytical skills essential
- Ability to Multi task and good organizational skills
- PC Skills especially Essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Oracle experience would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of materials computer systems and processes
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- High level of quality awareness
- Excellent Product Process knowledge
- Ability to work at a? hands on? level
For further information on this Production Planner role in Cork please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval