Telephone: 021 2066287 / 0860449371
Production PlannerOur client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Production Planner for their site.
What will I be doing
- Co-ordination of production planning activities to optimize material flow and processes in support of internal and external customer needs.
- Collaborates and agrees with external customers & internal customers with regard to volume & capacity requirements respectively per defined time periods and ensures that production plans and materials are in place to support same.
- Ensures that plant/business units inventory policies are achieved through effective deployment of planning processes.
- Maintain daily/weekly & monthly production planning activities in the execution of the Master Production Schedule and the translation of the MPS into detailed production schedules to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Review and agree monthly volume & capacity requirements for a defined portfolio of products with Global Supply Chain and Production Unit Co-coordinator respectively.
- Collaborates with external partners in understanding reasons for any specific service level misses and recovery plans to be put in place.
- Monitoring daily production output and coordinating any schedule variances, as required.
- Monitor inventory levels at Distribution Centers and priorities production as appropriate.
- Develop, maintain, analyses and publish KPI's relevant to business unit & department as appropriate.
- Ensuring effective inventory management & control in line with company targets by maintaining plant (both Raw Material & Work In Progress) material inventories within defined monthly target levels, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired products.
- Complete quarterly EE&O analysis for defined set of product ownership.
- Maintain accurate SAP master data to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times
- Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve & demonstrate best practices in line with the department objectives.
- Pro-actively looking for and implementing improvement opportunities with suppliers, internal material delivery to production, policy and procedures within Materials Management Group, and participating in continuous improvement activities across all other internal departments.
- Support the Materials Management Director, Materials Manager & Senior Planner in the preparation of adhoc summary analysis reports & presentations.
What do I need
- HETAC Level 8 in a related discipline, with 3 years direct experience in a Production Planning environment.
- Certification in APICS or similar qualification would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a Medical Device, lean manufacturing driven company is desired.
- Experience of ERP system is required, preferable in SAP.
- Strong working knowledge of Supply Chain Management principles such as MRP & inventory planning & control.
- Strong Excel skills, to include, vlookup, pivot tables, macros
- Excellent planning & analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrated experiences of problem solving and process improvements activities.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft application's specifically, Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team player with ability to act on own initiative or under minimal supervision
For further information on this Production Planner role in Galway please contact Jenny on 021 2066287 / 0860449371 email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval