Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Production Planner for their site.
What will I be doing
- Prepares schedules and ensures timely completion of work orders for manufacturing processes.
- Releases work orders for prepared schedule.
- Liaise with Purchasing and assist if necessary by placing purchase orders, expediting supply shipments and assisting in the resolution of supplier issues
- Interfaces with Cleanroom Supervisors & Material Handling and resolves concerns regarding schedules, part shortages, expedites, etc.
- Problem solves inventory issues.
- Meets daily with Cleanroom Supervisors regarding scheduling issues.
- Prepares expedite list for sterilization preparation and warehouse personnel.
- Collects and analyse data to prepare reports.
- Drive Sales & Operation Planning (S&OP) for selected programs.
- Resolve backorders quickly and efficiently.
- Manage excess / obsolete inventory.
- Maintain Material Requirements Planning (MRP) parameters for select programs.
- Communicate on critical supply issues.
- Participate on cross functional teams on identified projects.
- Maintain inventory within agreed targets.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
What do I need
- Relevant third level qualification and/or APICS
- Work related experience equivalent to a minimum of 3 years' in Production/Planning environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of production planning techniques and material control principles.
- Oracle experience desired but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- PC skills including standard offices packages as well as ability to understand and learn customised computer software programmes.
- Ability to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval