|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Job ID: JOB-13328
The successful candidate will have some knowledge of production planning and purchasing, preferably within the medical device industry, and a good understanding of SAP. They must be customer focused and results driven. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative as well as within a team environment.
This is a 12 month contract role.
- Delete all production orders & convert planned orders to production orders on a monthly basis.
- Action MRP exception messages for all assigned materials
- Contribute Raw Data and Interrogate in order to establish short and medium term manning/capacity requirements
- Attend Material Cost Savings Meeting and action tasks as assigned.
- Liaise with Distribution to correct material variances and correct MRP as a result of any transactions required.
- Lead weekly S&OP meeting to minimise production downtime, and manage requests for access to production equipment from outside the Value Stream.
- Act as Point of Contact for all planning issues within/outside the value stream.
- System Maintenance:
- Review RM & WIP safety stock levels and adjust as required including the management and
- Review of supplier Kanbans.
- Maintain material info records, maintain source lists.
- Maintain master data.
- Send out updated specs to suppliers – update relevant master data in SAP & the spec book.
- Production Scheduling
- Downloading relevant reports from SAP, schedule the orders for Finished Goods in conjunction with the Value Stream personnel through each process within 2 week time monthly buckets, to ensure minimum changeovers and maximum running efficiency, and maintain customer service, & minimize obsolescence.
- Track and control any changes to schedule. Ensure all changes to schedule are recorded and are minimized to Ensure maximum Operation Efficiency and Customer Service.
- Run a daily report to detail performance to order dates and shipment dates. Highlight any product at risk or missed, detailing the remedial action to meet Customer Service Requirements.
- Ensure Back-orders are minimized or cleared as soon as possible. Follow up with Distribution to ensure all products produced is shipped as per order date.
- Work with others in the Value Stream to ensure the optimum run strategies are achieved to achieve maximum Operation Efficiency and Customer Service. Lead Daily Production and other relevant reviews.
- Run Monthly Schedule Adherence.
- Run reports as relevant to track progress to schedule.
- Essential – Business or equivalent qualification in Production Management or Planning e.g. APICs or Equivalent Production Planning qualification
- Desirable – Certified in Production & Inventory Management (CPIM)
Length of experience
- Essential – 2+ years relevant industry experience, ideally in medical devices
- Desirable – Experience in a similar scheduling role with similar high level of SKU’s
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of modern, effective production scheduling processes and techniques.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical skills and MS Excel are a prerequisite, along with an ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of MRPII, Work Center Planning tools, Kanban systems, operation of JIT.
- Process or product knowledge within the medical devices industry would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of SAP and PC support systems.
For more information on this Engineering role please contact Terry McAuliffe on 0860468858 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…