Production Shift Manager
Job ID: JOB-11785
Production Shift Manager (CI/Lean projects)
About the opportunity: My client is a multinational operation with sites across Ireland and the United States. There is a rare opportunity for a Production Supervisor to join their Mayo site known for its excellent staff retention and site culture. As the Production Supervisor, you will lead a rotating shift of production staff and technicians. Your role will have a heavy emphasis on Lean / Continuous improvement projects and as the successful candidate, you will have a proven track record of both creating and implementing these new lean initiatives.
Duties of your role:
- Work very closely with all shift managers and team leads on handovers, day to day activities and actions from various meetings to ensure smooth and seamless running between shifts.
- Liaise with the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements and customer deliverables.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external managers to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key team members to facilitate delivery and compliance with department strategy.
- Coach, manage and develop staff and team leaders to optimise performance and meet targets and deadlines.
- Set department objectives/KPI’s and review and assess on-going performance of direct reports.
- Carry out yearly appraisals with your assigned team to include training and development through coaching and motivation of staff, and the development of training plans and performance reviews.
- Input and hold responsibility department budgets for your assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work with the Site Manager and Financial Controller to prepare the annual operational budget and forecasts and all CAPEXs.
- Lead & complete at least one Continuous Improvement project on a quarterly basis and report on the findings and improvements to the sites Lean Team.
- Capture weekly KPIs by shift and report accordingly
- Use Margin report to drive changes and improvements across your teams.
- Assist Senior Management in ensuring effective relationships with client businesses through maintaining an appropriate interface between the all department, suppliers and customers.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as and when required in a timely way and handle any concerns.
- Liaise with others in the business to monitor requirements and to ensure quality of service.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on any aspects or areas of production.
As the successful candidate, you will have the following:
- 5+ years of Production Staff Management over multiple shifts is essential.
- Proven track record of leading Lean/Continuous Improvement projects is essential.
- Experience in a printing or packaging environment is advantageous.
For further information on this role please contact Laura Neary on 086 773 8651/ firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…