Production Shift Manager
Job ID: JOB-12004
Production Shift Manager
My client is a multinational operation with sites across Ireland and the United States. There is a rare opportunity for a Production Shift Manager to join their Drogheda site known for its excellent staff retention and site culture. As the Production Shift Manager, you will lead a rotating shift of production staff and technicians. Your role will have a heavy emphasis on Lean/Continuous improvement projects and as the successful candidate, you will have a proven track record of both creating and implementing these new lean initiatives, and supervise assigned production operations with responsibilities for productivity, quality, safety and housekeeping.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager/Site Manager the post holder is expected to deliver optimum print service and play a key role in standardizing the ways of working and print process improvement (Radius).
- The role requires the delivery of working practices that support the BRC, environmental and safety programs.
- As information and strategies are cascaded from, the Operations meeting you will be required to drive planned and structured change to the site print processes whilst maintaining compliance at all times.
- Other duties will include your ad hoc input and attendance to local print forums, which are challenged with delivering OE solutions in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Clear communication is key to success as the role requires regular dialogue with all business functions, especially all support functions leading up to production.
- The Shift Manager is responsible for delivering the day-to-day print plan and controlled change.
- The role requires strong leadership skills and the day-to-day demonstration of the appropriate attitudes and behaviours, encouraging the delivery of individual and team objectives.
- The Shift Manager must clearly communicate, using a range of techniques, the agreed vision for the future, clarity of goals, focus and a sense of urgency.
- The post holder must support the “manage by facts” approach and monitor the print related information.
- Clear communication and day-to-day improvement of the internal customer – supplier relationships are paramount.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Daily management of the Print and Print support teams.
- Monitor and challenge performance related issues around labour and material over usage.
- Ensure daily shift handover meeting takes place, with a clear understanding of all shift objectives.
- Day to day management of the quality and quantity of output.
- Build a high performing team through managing all aspects of performance (including attendance) and ensuring the appropriate training and development of colleagues.
- Authenticate the accuracy of the data entered by the print teams ensuring any errors are corrected.
- Booking and monitoring of all team holidays working within the business guidelines.
- Provide support for investigations into job cost variances
- Minimize WIP in all areas of production.
- Creation of a safe environment and support for the site safety objectives
- The timely and cost-conscious delivery of the print plan.
- Attendance and contribution to the Operations improvement forums.
- Local adherence to the quality systems and input into the local risk assessments.
- Day to day adherence to, and raising the awareness of, the site environmental objectives.
- Encouragement of individuals to develop through coaching and appraisal.
- Reinforcement of the “one way of working” approach using guides and procedures.
- The strengthening of internal customer – supplier relationships by seeking to understand other team goals.
- Personal development through internal courses.
As the successful candidate, you will have the following:
- 5+ years of Production Staff Management over multiple shifts is essential.
- Proven track record of leading Lean/Continuous Improvement projects is essential.
- Experience in a printing or packaging environment is advantageous.
For further information on this role, please contact Laura Neary on 086 773 8651/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…