Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Production Supervisor for their site in Cork.
Supervision of production teams to ensure targets for quality/service/costs are achieved. This will be achieved through the application of an empowering style of leadership which draws fully on resources and capabilities of the team coupled with a positive employee relations approach. Essentially this will embrace the following:
- Providing timely feedback and review, and ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner consistently applying policies ensuring that all employees are treated with the fairness and respect due to them facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly team meetings, daily interaction on the line and updating of on-line notice-board liaising with line trainer to develop a training program to ensure smooth operation of department, development of product builders, health & safety of personnel employee selection and hiring
- Planning - including developing /maintaining a viable plan incorporating hiring, training, capacity-modelling, efficiency/yield assumptions, ramp-rate, learning-curve etc.
- Liaising with warehousing, quality assurance, bulk-packaging and other relevant parties to ensure prompt shipment of product
- Maintaining GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Interacting and liaising with the other manufacturing teams and Materials team to prioritise backorders.
- Managing process and material flows, space management, and working with the Engineering group to maximise utilisation of space designated for specific operations area.
- Administration duties which include Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning etc.
- Provide leadership and direction for the advancement of Lean Manufacturing
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.
- Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering or relevant qualification, or equivalent experience.
- 3/4 years? experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience of people-management and demonstrated ability in people motivation, organising and team building would be a distinct advantage
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / 0864667369 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: Hero recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval